Thread poster: Anton Konashenok
Helen Hagon
Helen Hagon  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:03
Member (2011)
Russian to English
+ ...
Translation Directory Nov 10, 2014

At first I thought this was translationdirectory.com, where I did enter my details a few years ago. However, on closer inspection, it is clearly something different.

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:03
French to German
+ ...
Between January and June Nov 10, 2014

Well I only joined Proz in January and the informations on this page are those I entered at the beginning of the year. So my profile must have been entered between mid January 2014 and June 2014... I made changes from July on which there are not. (Dont know if they got everyone at the same moment...)

Thanks for mentionning not to enter a password!

[Modifié le 2014-11-10 16:00 GMT]

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:03
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Message sent via LinkedIn Nov 11, 2014

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

Now, I cannot send a message to this guy on neither pages, because I am not connected to them.
And frankly, I don't wish to be.
However, Enrique Cavalitto of ProZ.com is listed as a 1st connection.
Perhaps he could contact this guy and request him to take down all this harvested data. (I sent him a message about this.)

Thanks Katalin!

Probably because of my role as workspace director at Translators without Borders, I receive many LinkedIn connection requests, and I routinely accept them when related to translation or humanitarian organizations. This is how this profile happens to be connected to mine, and I made good use of your idea, sending them a formal request from ProZ.com to cease and desist these improper activities. I received no reply, and I would be surprised to receive any.

Best regards,
Enrique

Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not even true, Thayenga. Nov 11, 2014

Thayenga wrote:

Gudrun Wolfrath wrote:

I wonder who will give them more details since I haven't given them any!

Well, Gudrun, how about Big Brother Google? Surely they will come up with "new" info about you and your services somehow. Just give it some time.

I've tried to get a hold of the owner of that site, but he keeps himself well guarded. Most probably cause he's tired of being asked to remove false entries he's made without anybody's approval. Trust Google and see what happens.

[Edited at 2014-11-10 15:06 GMT]

Part of it is not event true. They just make it up.

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update: our voice is being heard, but... Nov 11, 2014

Whatever prompted the site owner to react, the profiles of everyone having expressed their indignation on this thread are now gone! However, names of some other ProZ members do still remain there. I am not trying to be a vigilante, but I don't feel entirely at ease with this...

[Edited at 2014-11-11 15:54 GMT]

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Yes, my name is there Nov 11, 2014

...and I most certainly express my indignation. Will it now be removed?

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Same for me Nov 11, 2014

My profile is still there. I want it removed, too. And I would not say 'please'.

Chiara Foppa Pedretti
Chiara Foppa Pedretti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Same here Nov 11, 2014

I hope my profile will be removed, too. This is completely innacceptable.

Thank you Anton for bringing this to the community's attention. I run periodic checks entering my name into Google, too, but hadn't found this page last time I tried...

Peter Nicholson (X)
Peter Nicholson (X)  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
My name is still there Nov 11, 2014

and I want it removed.

I have made a copy of the unauthorised entry for my records.

Samuel provided us with this link

http://www.instra.com/en/whois/whois-result/translation_directory

to the telephone numer of the site's owner. I have tried phoning several times, but no one answers.

Asta Arminen (X)
Asta Arminen (X)  Identity Verified

Finnish to English
+ ...
Me too Nov 11, 2014

My details are also still there and I want them removed.

It would also be nice to know what action site staff is taking on our behalf since our details have been harvested from Proz.com.

Anton, thank you for informing everyone of this, much appreciated!

All the best,
Asta

Adam Jarczyk
Adam Jarczyk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
No listing without my consent can be accepted Nov 11, 2014

Peter Nicholson wrote:

... I want it removed.

I have made a copy of the unauthorised entry for my records.

I am definitely not in agreement with any listing made up from what has been found on public profiles and at the same time having them pretend I might have been listed with my consent and would deliver more information any time soon.

I have made copies of the unauthorized usage by now and sincerely hope that Enrique's intervention will bear fruit in either getting the entries authorized by their owners or else having them removed at the earliest possible point from now, as a proZ.com staff member has expressed his point of view to the owners of the site.

[Edited at 2014-11-11 16:37 GMT]

Ekaterina Kroumova
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
zoominfo.com Nov 11, 2014

I've just found a kind of a profile of me on zoominfo.com . Does anybody know who these people are?

Chosana Thanabhumi
Chosana Thanabhumi  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2010)
German to Thai
+ ...
Me too Nov 12, 2014

I noticed my name there a few months ago, but did not think much about it. Now, the text there is different from when I first saw it. My Skype address is there too. This is unacceptable!

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Ah, my "profile" is gone! Nov 12, 2014

Good news!

Ekaterina Kroumova
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Mine has not Nov 12, 2014

Unfortunately, my profile is still there, but strangely enough, the text has been changed. It is no longer written from the first person, instead it says:

Ekaterina Kroumova is as a freelance translator.

Ekaterina Kroumova translates the following language pairs: Bulgarian to French, Bulgarian to English, French to Bulgarian and English to Bulgarian. (Now, that's weird, I never do translations into English).

Ekaterina Kroumova can be reached via Skype for f
... See more
Unfortunately, my profile is still there, but strangely enough, the text has been changed. It is no longer written from the first person, instead it says:

Ekaterina Kroumova is as a freelance translator.

Ekaterina Kroumova translates the following language pairs: Bulgarian to French, Bulgarian to English, French to Bulgarian and English to Bulgarian. (Now, that's weird, I never do translations into English).

Ekaterina Kroumova can be reached via Skype for face to face discussion - the Skype ID is "XXX".

I think I was clear enough, I want my name, together with the full info, removed.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unauthorised directory listing

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »