expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 06:41
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 19, 2022

Hi everyone,
A few days ago I simply stopped receiving any notification from the site.
Before that, I couldn't get notifications from new members, but now I get nothing, Kudoz, Jobs, Kudoz discussions board, nothing.
I've checked my profile and all the settings are correct... I've even saved them again.
Is anyone else having the same problem? What can I do to solve this?
Many thanks!

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Test Dec 19, 2022

Did you receive a notification for this post?

expressisverbis

Omer Dasbilek
Omer Dasbilek  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:41
Member (2013)
English to Turkish
+ ...
I dont get any notifications as well Dec 19, 2022

expressisverbis wrote:

Hi everyone,
Before that, I couldn't get notifications from new members, but now I get nothing, Kudoz, Jobs, Kudoz discussions board, nothing.
I've checked my profile and all the settings are correct... I've even saved them again.
Is anyone else having the same problem? What can I do to solve this?
Many thanks!

Hi,

I dont receive any (Kudoz, Jobs etc.) notifications since last September too and contacted several times with site moderators (and also e-mail provider - they told me everything is fine with my e-mail settings and relevant e-mail senders etc.) however still cant get any notifications. I couldnt find any solutions yet!

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Dec 19, 2022

this one I received it, but not my original topic.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Changing your primary email address? Dec 19, 2022

Omer Dasbilek wrote:

Hi,

I dont receive any (Kudoz, Jobs etc.) notifications since last September too and contacted several times with site moderators (and also e-mail provider - they told me everything is fine with my e-mail settings and relevant e-mail senders etc.) however still cant get any notifications. I couldnt find any solutions yet!

Try to change your primary email address by going to your profile.
I have done this, and it worked now... let's see if it is permanent or not.

Omer Dasbilek

Omer Dasbilek
Omer Dasbilek  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2013)
English to Turkish
+ ...
thanks but this will be a short-term solution Dec 19, 2022

expressisverbis wrote:

Omer Dasbilek wrote:

Hi,

Try to change your primary email address by going to your profile.
I have done this, and it worked now... let's see if it is permanent or not.

Thanks for this short-term solutions but I dont want to change as I want to use only a single e-mail address.

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Greek to English
Blockage? Dec 20, 2022

expressisverbis wrote:

Sorry if this is too obvious, but are ProZ mails being blocked by an overzealous spam filter on your mail server?

Have you made sure that the ProZ domain is whitelisted?

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it could be Dec 20, 2022

Philip Lees wrote:

Sorry if this is too obvious, but are ProZ mails being blocked by an overzealous spam filter on your mail server?

Have you made sure that the ProZ domain is whitelisted?

Thanks, Philip.
It could very well be that, but it all started with not receiving notifications from new members a long ago.
Now that I have changed my primary email address I have been receiving the notifications from the site.

[Edited at 2022-12-20 07:34 GMT]

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:41
German to English
+ ...
I've had same problem for more than last 18 months! Dec 20, 2022

And I've reported it several times during that period.

Unfortunately the site automatically assumes it's a problem on my end, that I'm doing sth. wrong, though I hadn't changed anything.

Repairing this glitch doesn't seem to be a priority.

expressisverbis
Angie Garbarino
Michael Newton
Astrid Pustolla
Omer Dasbilek
Barbara Carrara

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Me too Dec 20, 2022

Nothing since last Friday

expressisverbis
Michael Newton

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Difficult to determine Dec 20, 2022

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:

And I've reported it several times during that period.

Unfortunately the site automatically assumes it's a problem on my end, that I'm doing sth. wrong, though I hadn't changed anything.

Repairing this glitch doesn't seem to be a priority.

When email is not delivered, the problem can be at either end.

Maybe it isn't sent.

Maybe the authentication/digital signatures are not correct, which could make the receiving server block it.

Maybe the receiving server is 'paranoid' and considers it spam even if everything or almost everything is in order. Many email servers run centralised spam checks before the email ever reaches the spam filter you can see. IONOS seems to be one of those 'paranoid' services.

It's complicated to investigate all this, and until the facts have been established, we don't know whose fault it is. We can't just presume it's a Proz glitch.

If one changes the Proz email address, and the emails then start arriving, the problem may well be with the receiving server, but it isn't certain.

expressisverbis
Philip Lees

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm sorry about your experience Dec 20, 2022

I have checked everything that I could, even my antivirus and apparently there's nothing wrong.
Now that I have changed my email address, I am getting all your messages here and Kudoz notifications.
Let's see how it goes...
I'm sorry about your experience. It can be really annoying, and I believe something should be done, otherwise what is the purpose?
Happy Christmas

Eva Stoppa
Eva Stoppa  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Contacting Proz support and email provider support Dec 20, 2022

Hi there,

I have head this Problem a few times. When I contacted Proz Support, they said Messages are being sent but Keep bouncing back. I then contacted my email Provider and they asked me to send them the Report of such a bounced-back message which I asked Proz Support to do. After having sent that to my email Provider, they put Proz.com on the whitelist again and everything worked and -- knock on Wood -- is still working.

But putting an alternative email address in
... See more
Hi there,

I have head this Problem a few times. When I contacted Proz Support, they said Messages are being sent but Keep bouncing back. I then contacted my email Provider and they asked me to send them the Report of such a bounced-back message which I asked Proz Support to do. After having sent that to my email Provider, they put Proz.com on the whitelist again and everything worked and -- knock on Wood -- is still working.

But putting an alternative email address in your Proz.com Profile isn't quite a bad idea since there can always be issues where you cannot Access your Primary mail address.

Hope my explanations help solve the issue!
Collapse

expressisverbis
Michael Newton

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks, Eva! Dec 20, 2022

Eva Stoppa wrote:

Hi there,

But putting an alternative email address in your Proz.com Profile isn't quite a bad idea since there can always be issues where you cannot Access your Primary mail address.

Hope my explanations help solve the issue!

Let me see how it works now, but if I get the same problem in the future, I will follow your advice.
Happy Christmas to everyone!

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Dec 21, 2022

Today I posted a question on Kudoz.
I got the notification of the question, but I didn't get the first translation suggestion, even though I am using a different email address.
This leads me to conclude that it has nothing to do with my server, but with Proz itself.
So what am I doing here? Paying for what? I will rethink my subscription very well next year.
Proz won't miss me and it won't miss the money, because anyone can be a paying member... and if today I leave, tom
... See more
Today I posted a question on Kudoz.
I got the notification of the question, but I didn't get the first translation suggestion, even though I am using a different email address.
This leads me to conclude that it has nothing to do with my server, but with Proz itself.
So what am I doing here? Paying for what? I will rethink my subscription very well next year.
Proz won't miss me and it won't miss the money, because anyone can be a paying member... and if today I leave, tomorrow there will be many more Proz paying members.
I don't want any VIP treatment. I just wish the staff would check what is going on, because there are other members who still have the same problem.
Collapse

Platary (X)
Cilian O'Tuama
O G V

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Stopped receiving any notification from the site

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »