Francesco Damiani
Francesco Damiani  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 09:47
French to Italian
+ ...
May 9, 2008

Hi.
Two days ago I filled a document wrotten with "Acrobat Reader", but as soon as I finish to fill it I can't save my changes in my computer:in "Documents" or on the "Desktop" I can't save anything but the file I founded in the site. Despite of my efforts to give every setting(Surname,name ecc.) on the computer I can see only "Surname"ecc., but not the settings I entered.
In your opinion, must I renew my Acrobat Reader's Version?And which change should I choice?
Thank you very
... See more
Hi.
Two days ago I filled a document wrotten with "Acrobat Reader", but as soon as I finish to fill it I can't save my changes in my computer:in "Documents" or on the "Desktop" I can't save anything but the file I founded in the site. Despite of my efforts to give every setting(Surname,name ecc.) on the computer I can see only "Surname"ecc., but not the settings I entered.
In your opinion, must I renew my Acrobat Reader's Version?And which change should I choice?
Thank you very much
Francesco
Collapse

Luisa Fiorini
Luisa Fiorini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Convert it into a .doc May 9, 2008

Hi Francesco,

if you want to fill in the form you found you should convert your pdf file into a .doc one using abbyy fine reader or another similar software. When you have your .doc file you can edit it and fill it in with your information. I hope this helps.
Have a nice week end!

[Modificato alle 2008-05-09 17:11]

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:47
Spanish
+ ...
Fillable PDF May 9, 2008

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. It seems to me that either you can't save the modified PDF file at all or that the changes you enter are reset when you try to save the document. Either way, you shouldn't have that problem with a fillable PDF file. If I were you I'd download the latest version of Acrobat Reader from the Adobe web site. Save the blank PDF file in a different location like a new folder, fill one of the fields as a test and try saving it with another name (Save as..).... See more
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. It seems to me that either you can't save the modified PDF file at all or that the changes you enter are reset when you try to save the document. Either way, you shouldn't have that problem with a fillable PDF file. If I were you I'd download the latest version of Acrobat Reader from the Adobe web site. Save the blank PDF file in a different location like a new folder, fill one of the fields as a test and try saving it with another name (Save as..).

If that doesn't work, maybe you should use a different program like Foxit Reader or Nitro PDF (you can find both with Google), and see if that works.

Good luck,

Claudia
Collapse

RNAtranslator
RNAtranslator  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, you can save the filled file May 10, 2008

You can save the filled file: in Acrobat Reader, open File > Print and at the bottom you will see "print to file". Check it and select the folder. It will write a file with the extension .ps It is a postscript file that can be opened by different programs. I can open it with GIMP, a free program equivalent to Photoshop.

Jean-Luc Aufranc
Jean-Luc Aufranc
Thailand
Local time: 14:47
English to French
+ ...
PDF Printer May 11, 2008

If you can not save the file, you could also print it to a PDF file thru a "PDF printer", that is a driver which simulate a printer, but instead of physically printing the document, it will just print it to a PDF file.

You can use pdf955 among others.

[Edited at 2008-05-11 04:08]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A file with Acrobat Reader

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »