Автор темы: Isabel67
Isabel67
Isabel67  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:54
Член ProZ.com c 2004
немецкий => португальский
+ ...
Apr 29, 2006

I have a problem. I only used Trados with "Word" files.

Now, I received files to translate from English to Portuguese with extension ttx and isc to work with TagEditor. I don't know how to open them and to use the TagEditor.

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Isabel

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Израиль
Local time: 03:54
Член ProZ.com c 2005
английский => иврит
+ ...
ISC = InDesign Apr 29, 2006

Hi,

I recently received similar files for the first time.

The .isc file is easily opened and processed in TagEditor, but you'll need the program Adobe InDesign to view the clean file (i.e. the results).

You can also view the (unclean) results in Word, but in that case the tags will also be displayed in grey font.

TTX is the format describing unclean Trados TagEditor files. This can easily be opened in TagEditor.

Good Luck, Doron<
... See more
Hi,

I recently received similar files for the first time.

The .isc file is easily opened and processed in TagEditor, but you'll need the program Adobe InDesign to view the clean file (i.e. the results).

You can also view the (unclean) results in Word, but in that case the tags will also be displayed in grey font.

TTX is the format describing unclean Trados TagEditor files. This can easily be opened in TagEditor.

Good Luck, Doron

[Edited at 2006-04-29 19:10]
Collapse

Vauwe
Vauwe
Local time: 02:54
английский => немецкий
+ ...
InDesign May 1, 2006

Yes, it is InDesign as Doron already told you.
You can download a 30 day trail version from the Adobe site to convert isc files back to Indesign in order to check the translation you've done.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor with files ttx or isc

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »