Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
May 18, 2008

This plugin exports an .indd document as a .ttc document (in InDesign CS2, through the menu file > export > save as type: STAR Transit Text-and-Code). As far as I know ttc stands for TrueType Collection Font file which should open with Windows Font Viewer only. However, the same file extension may be used by various programs. So in this case, I see that ttc is not a TrueType Collection Font file but a proprietary file type used by Star.

I wonder if this file (ttc document) can be op
... See more
This plugin exports an .indd document as a .ttc document (in InDesign CS2, through the menu file > export > save as type: STAR Transit Text-and-Code). As far as I know ttc stands for TrueType Collection Font file which should open with Windows Font Viewer only. However, the same file extension may be used by various programs. So in this case, I see that ttc is not a TrueType Collection Font file but a proprietary file type used by Star.

I wonder if this file (ttc document) can be opened with other CAT tools as well. Yes, I know Transit projects can be translated by other CAT tools, in particular with Deja Vu. But what happens if I send only the ttc document to another translator.

And one more question... Although the plugin is installed, what I see under Project > Settings > File Type is only Adobe InDesign (among other file types of course). But Adobe InDesign CS2, as a file type is missing. Is this normal?

[Edited at 2008-05-18 15:11]
Collapse

Frits Ens
Frits Ens
Netherlands
Local time: 09:05
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TTC issues May 28, 2008

We use TTC files created in indesign, translate them in Star Transit, and they are saved again as ttc files which can be imported in Indesign.

I don't know of any other tool that can handle these ttc files which indeed have nothing to do with true type fonts.

The fact that simply Adobe indesign is shown as file type and not Indesign2 is correct.
Hope this helps!

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 31, 2008

TransAction wrote:

The fact that simply Adobe indesign is shown as file type and not Indesign2 is correct.

Then no need to assign a new file format using FFDAssign.exe located in BIN folder. Thanks

cosmostrans
cosmostrans
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TTC import - continued Jul 21, 2009

I have been trying to import an InDesign file into Transit with no success unfortunately. I have the Adobe InDesign FFD under my File Type list, but after selecting this File Type the Import function gets disabled.

I don´t manage to convert the indd file to ttc, since InDesign does not give me that option. Does anyone know how I can obtain this plugin? Is it acquired through Adobe or through Star?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
InDesign plug-in sold by Star Jul 22, 2009

Ask your local Star office for detailed information
http://www.star-group.net/cgi-bin/info.cgi?lng=eng

cosmostrans
cosmostrans
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks!! Jul 22, 2009

So it is a Star product, ok, thanks so much Selcuk!

cosmostrans
cosmostrans
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TTC import issue - part II Jul 24, 2009

Dear community,

Here I am, asking for your help once again...

I have installed the Indesign plug-in and I have converted the indd files to ttc, but when I get back to transit and define the file type to Adobe Indesign the Import option remains deactivated and I cannot import the files so as to get the language pairs.

I am using Indesing CS3 with its relative plug-in, could this be an issue? Could this be that the Adobe Indesign filter does not support CS3 v
... See more
Dear community,

Here I am, asking for your help once again...

I have installed the Indesign plug-in and I have converted the indd files to ttc, but when I get back to transit and define the file type to Adobe Indesign the Import option remains deactivated and I cannot import the files so as to get the language pairs.

I am using Indesing CS3 with its relative plug-in, could this be an issue? Could this be that the Adobe Indesign filter does not support CS3 version?

I need to start working this weekend and I will not get an answer from Star or my client before next week, so any ideas would be very much appreciated!!
Collapse

Frits Ens
Frits Ens
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Indesign CS3 ttc files Aug 7, 2009

You have to save the CS3 as CS2 file, and then do an export.
If that is not possible,
save the CS3 file as .inx, then import it in CS2, create, ttc, translate in Transit, import the translated ttc again in CS2, perform any necessary DTP changes and save the Indesign document.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

InDesign CS2 plugin

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »