Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:35
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Jun 13, 2011

Long time ago I have bought a spell-checker for Polish to install with Transit Satellite.
Now I have bought a new license for Transit NXT and am astonished, that it cannot spell-check Polish?
Or am I simply dumb enough not to be able to activate the spellcheck?

Thanks
Best regards
Jerzy

Ana Kardum
Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Croatian
+ ...
There is a spell-checker for Polish... Jun 13, 2011

Dear Jerzy,

How many spell-checkers did you purchase with your version? And which version do you have (Professional, Freelance Pro or Workstation)? Additional spell-checkers have to be paid additionally in the case of Transit NXT.

There is still no spell-checker for my language... Although I do like the software.

If some feature does not work, it is best to contact their support in Stuttgart
... See more
Dear Jerzy,

How many spell-checkers did you purchase with your version? And which version do you have (Professional, Freelance Pro or Workstation)? Additional spell-checkers have to be paid additionally in the case of Transit NXT.

There is still no spell-checker for my language... Although I do like the software.

If some feature does not work, it is best to contact their support in Stuttgart. They are usually very helpful.

Regards,

Ana

[Edited at 2011-06-13 11:17 GMT]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No spell checkers purchased... Jun 13, 2011

I have the time limited freelance for 3 months.
Will buy the polish one then.

Ana Kardum
Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Croatian
+ ...
I see...then you have only one spell-checker Jun 13, 2011

If you have trial version, I think you can only have one spell-checker - it says so in my documentation. The same probably applies to time-limited versions.

If you purchase the full (Freelance Pro) version, you only get 1 "free" spell-checker - you have to purchase the additional ones (unless they have changed the policy meanwhile).

It is best that you check the current details with your sales representative.

I also find this a bit strange...

[Edit
... See more
If you have trial version, I think you can only have one spell-checker - it says so in my documentation. The same probably applies to time-limited versions.

If you purchase the full (Freelance Pro) version, you only get 1 "free" spell-checker - you have to purchase the additional ones (unless they have changed the policy meanwhile).

It is best that you check the current details with your sales representative.

I also find this a bit strange...

[Edited at 2011-06-13 11:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-06-13 12:27 GMT]
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
OPenOffice Jun 13, 2011

You can use OpenOffice spell-check dictionaries for free with Transit NXT. Just create a "spell" directory in your "Transit root" one (i.e., on the same level as bin, cnfig, etc.) and put the .aff and .dic files in it. Works like a charm.

HTH
Antonin Otahal

Martin Kalchev

Jon Hedemann
Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
.aff and .dic files abandoned Aug 27, 2012

The .aff and .dic files were abandoned instead of .oxt files in the OpenOffice Extensions repository. Any idea if this file type is supported by Transit?

Also, it is impossible for me to find .aff and .dic files for English (UK) and English (US), so if anyone has these on file, please PM/e-mail me. Thanks.

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

You can use OpenOffice spell-check dictionaries for free with Transit NXT. Just create a "spell" directory in your "Transit root" one (i.e., on the same level as bin, cnfig, etc.) and put the .aff and .dic files in it. Works like a charm.

HTH
Antonin Otahal

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
just rename the extension and unzip Sep 26, 2012

When you rename the extension from .oxt to .zip, you can unzip it and extract aff and dic files from it.

Antonin

Martin Kalchev

Campman
Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Transit NXT Installation Guide has info on open source dics Feb 3, 2013

You can find open source dictionaries at:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries

Copy the *.aff and *.dic files to the spell folder.
Make sure they are named according to the ISO code.

Martin Kalchev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell-checking in Transit NXT?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »