The address space on the Internet rapidly running out

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "The address space on the Internet rapidly running out".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Øystein Kleven
Øystein Kleven
Norsko
Local time: 18:19
Člen (2009)
angličtina -> norština
+ ...
Funny example for translation news... May 18, 2010

Thanks for the story, which is "interesting" also in a translation perspective. The writer either cannot write proper English, or this has been made into English by MT? I assume you pointed out the story because of it's content, and not the examples of bad English...

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukrajina
angličtina -> ruština
+ ...
yep May 18, 2010

Øystein, you are right about English)

Anyway, considering IPv6 and non-Latin trend it's but another fuss about nothing IMO. For example, about 50k corporate users have 1 (one, single, the only) external IP address. So one should tell 'white' IPs from dynamic ones. Also there're a lot of 'reserved' IPs which still are not assigned. Why?
It's all about $$$.

Cheers

[Edited at 2010-05-18 09:11 GMT]

Laureana Pavon
Laureana Pavon  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:19
Člen (2007)
angličtina -> španělština
+ ...

MODERÁTOR
Incredibly inaccurate news May 18, 2010

I don't even know where to begin. Everything in this "news item" is incorrect, from the fact that "IP addresses" will no longer be available for deploying new services (a transition from IPv4 to IPv6 is already occurring, there are global policies for reserving IP addresses for new entrants to the market, etc.), down to the name of the president of ICANN's CEO (his name is Rod Beckstrom).
I'm writing this comment while I participate in LACNIC XIII, the 13th meeting of the Regional Internet
... See more
I don't even know where to begin. Everything in this "news item" is incorrect, from the fact that "IP addresses" will no longer be available for deploying new services (a transition from IPv4 to IPv6 is already occurring, there are global policies for reserving IP addresses for new entrants to the market, etc.), down to the name of the president of ICANN's CEO (his name is Rod Beckstrom).
I'm writing this comment while I participate in LACNIC XIII, the 13th meeting of the Regional Internet Registry for Latin America and the Caribbean, where this topic is being discussed in great detail (e.g. http://lacnic.net/en/eventos/lacnicxiii/flip62010.html )
So, no need to panic, everything will be all right
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The address space on the Internet rapidly running out

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »