Russian Nazi Work To Translate Breivik’s Manifesto – Breivik’s Lawyer

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Russian Nazi Work To Translate Breivik’s Manifesto – Breivik’s Lawyer".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 08:33
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Now, anyone saying that ethics don't matter in translation May 17, 2012

I wonder if they'd uphold their claim if they were faced with this translation job...

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 09:33
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Those 'translators' are neo-nazi themselves May 17, 2012

Hege Jakobsen Lepri wrote:

I wonder if they'd uphold their claim if they were faced with this translation job...

I suppose that those who are now translating this manifesto into Russian don't have any ethics problems for one simple reason: they are neo-nazi themselves. Unfortunately there are lots of them in modern Russia...

Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1uR95pQhsM

The song is in German but all the photos are from Russia. I know it for sure.

Nikita Kobrin

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 08:33
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
unfortunately May 18, 2012

I am aware. I was just taking a hit at an old forum discussion here, where several translators claimed that their job was to translate, not to think about ethical matters surrounding the job.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Russian Nazi Work To Translate Breivik’s Manifesto – Breivik’s Lawyer

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »