Thread poster: Heather McCrae
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:40
Member (2004)
English to Italian
No workaround... Nov 5, 2015

unless you run the analysis from the project page... but I suspect you don't have that possibility... you can do that with a paid-for version... which I'm using, so I can actually make it usable as a CAT tool... the free version is really basic, but then it's free. I've also ask to have the possibility of changing the keyboard shortcuts... having to re-adjust every time is a real pain in the neck...

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 04:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not guilty Nov 8, 2015

I've never used it or seen it in action, but a (non-translator) friend of mine asked me if I could give him some pointers about it. However, I know as little about it as he does about CAT, MT and TMs etc in general, so I'll have to sit down with him when we both have time (he's off to something-istan today) and find out why he wants to know about memsource in particular and what he intends to do with it.
I've sent him the link to this forum, which I suppose he'll be able to access, althoug
... See more
I've never used it or seen it in action, but a (non-translator) friend of mine asked me if I could give him some pointers about it. However, I know as little about it as he does about CAT, MT and TMs etc in general, so I'll have to sit down with him when we both have time (he's off to something-istan today) and find out why he wants to know about memsource in particular and what he intends to do with it.
I've sent him the link to this forum, which I suppose he'll be able to access, although he's not a member AFAIK...
Collapse

Albert G
Albert G
Local time: 05:40
German to Russian
Made for agencies, not for translators Nov 10, 2015

In my opinion this product was made for agencies, not for translators.
At this time it is first of all a project managing tool with a simple CAT-module, which lacks many functions, presented in a grown-up CAT tools.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

memsource cloud - who uses it?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »