T-window - clean up powerpoint files
Thread poster: Camilla Larsen
Camilla Larsen
Camilla Larsen
Norway
Local time: 08:10
May 27, 2004

I've used T-window to translate a powerpoint file for the first time. Do I need to clean up the file, and how do I do it? I've tried the clean up command in workbench, but the log file says "cleaned 0"....

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
T-Window works differently May 27, 2004

Hi Camilla,
T-Window for PowerPoint works differently - you will need to remove the source segments using the corresponding item in the Trados menu in T-Window.

If you have T6.5, I would strongly recommend using TagEditor.

HTH, Ralf

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TagEditor for ppt? May 27, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

If you have T6.5, I would strongly recommend using TagEditor.

You mean that I can use tag editor to translate ppt files with 6.5? Guess I should have read the paper bumpf they sent me

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
PPT & XLS May 28, 2004

Hi Alison,
Definitely - TagEditor 6.5 supports both PowerPoint and Excel, and works much better than the old T-Windows.

One thing to bear in mind is that opening the files in TE for the first time can take quite a long time - this is normal, as TE needs to convert all formatting/cell information to tags. Once you save it as .ttx, the performance is normal.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-window - clean up powerpoint files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »