Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:16
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 29, 2004

Dear Colleagues,

I have received a 45-MB .xml database from my client, and I know for sure that it was exported from MultiTerm.

Now I would like to import this database in MultiTerm, but I cannot find a way to by reading the MultiTerm documentation.

Can anybody help me, please? I don't hide I'm a beginner in the translation world...

Thanks to anybody who will help me!

Ciao,

Fabio

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details, please... Aug 29, 2004

Ciao Fabio,
Can you please tell us which MultiTerm version you're using (the full version number, including the build number)?

Also, are you trying to import the data into an existing termbase, or are you creating a new termbase? In the latter case, did your client also provide you with the database definition file (.xdt)?

Thanks, Ralf

Fabio Scaliti
Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MultiTerm version Aug 29, 2004

Hi Ralf,

I'm using MultiTerm version 6.2.0.267 (Build 267).

I do not have any existing termbase, I have to create a new one. Mu client did not send me any .xdt file.

Thanks for your help,

Fabio

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Ciao Fabio,
Can you please tell us which MultiTerm version you're using (the full version number, including the build number)?

Also, are you trying to import the data into an existing termbase, or are you creating a new termbase? In the latter case, did your client also provide you with the database definition file (.xdt)?

Thanks, Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Create the termbase first, then import. Aug 29, 2004

Hi again, Fabio,
I do not have any existing termbase, I have to create a new one. Mu client did not send me any .xdt file.

You might want to ask them for a termbase definition (which they can create easily: Termbase - Save termbase definition as...).

In any case, you will need to create a termbase first (Termbase - Create..., then follow the wizard); if you have a definition file, the process is quicker. Should you need to create the termbase from scratch, you might want to anticipate some of the properties of the export (you can open XML files in any text editor).

Once the termbase is created, you can import entries (Termbase - Import entries; select the "default import definition" and click on Process....

Let us know if you encounter problems.

Best, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing XML Database into MultiTerm

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »