Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 10:48
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
Aug 31, 2004

Hi!

I did a translation in word using TRADOS 6.5. After cleaning I sent the doc to a client who has TRADOS 5.5. To her the document seemed uncleanded as to the TRADOS codes still being there. Is there any way I can save the document so that it is compatible with version 5.5. and looks neat and cleaned?

Grateful for your advice!

Sincerely,

Tess Whitty

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:48
English to Czech
+ ...
Impossible Aug 31, 2004

Hi,

This must be a misunderstanding. Either you did not clean the file, or your client opened another file. Or maybe you sent the uncleaned version.

You can check if the file has been cleaned by displaying the hidden characters in Word (you shouldn't see any). Sometimes the document has to be cleaned up manually by running the tw4winClean.Main macro.

It has nothing to do with Trados version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Doc. appears uncleaned in older version of TRADOS

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »