Do I want to save changes to TRADOS6.dot?
Thread poster: Alan Boydell
Alan Boydell
Alan Boydell  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:57
French to English
+ ...
Sep 8, 2004

A good question. I really don't know...

Does anyone know what it is that I am doing that would constitute a change to the .dot file? This only occurs from time to time, when I close Word. I sometimes mess about with the positioning of the Trados toolbars in Word. Would that be recorded in the template? Could I potentially do some serious damage by saying 'yes'?

By the way, on a different topic, on Ralf's advice, I've started using TagEditor for Powerpoint files and it h
... See more
A good question. I really don't know...

Does anyone know what it is that I am doing that would constitute a change to the .dot file? This only occurs from time to time, when I close Word. I sometimes mess about with the positioning of the Trados toolbars in Word. Would that be recorded in the template? Could I potentially do some serious damage by saying 'yes'?

By the way, on a different topic, on Ralf's advice, I've started using TagEditor for Powerpoint files and it has changed my life. Thanks a lot for the tip! I'd recommend everyone to do the same.

Alan

TRADOS 6.5.5.438
Windows XP Pro SP2
Office 2003 SP1

[Edited at 2004-09-08 23:12]

[Edited at 2004-09-08 23:14]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Don't save changes Sep 9, 2004

Hi Alan,
I wouldn't save changes to the Trados template. Doing so will not necessarily result in damage, though.

HTH, Ralf

Per Riise (X)
Per Riise (X)  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Wordfast/Trados Sep 9, 2004

If you have Wordfast installed this message pops up if you've been using TRADOS and WF at the same time. DO NOT CLICK YES! It makes a mess of WF and you'll have to reinstall WF (not that much work, but work nonetheless).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do I want to save changes to TRADOS6.dot?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »