Thread poster: IanW (X)
IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 10:53
German to English
+ ...
Oct 18, 2004

Dear all,

I work with Trados 6.5 run on Windows XP and I occasionally have the following problem. When I open certain segments, my Word file suddenly takes the form of an e-mail, as if I had pressed the "Send as e-mail" option. In my present file, this only happens to headings which are all in block capitals and bold font, but which apart from that don't seem to be any different from the rest of the text.

By cancelling the segment, "repairing" and moving onto the next s
... See more
Dear all,

I work with Trados 6.5 run on Windows XP and I occasionally have the following problem. When I open certain segments, my Word file suddenly takes the form of an e-mail, as if I had pressed the "Send as e-mail" option. In my present file, this only happens to headings which are all in block capitals and bold font, but which apart from that don't seem to be any different from the rest of the text.

By cancelling the segment, "repairing" and moving onto the next segment, I am able to get around the problem, but I'd be very grateful if anyone could let me know why this happens and if there is any more effective way of solving or avoiding it.

Many thanks

Ian
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 10:53
German to English
+ ...
You're not alone... Oct 18, 2004

I can't provide an answer, I'm afraid, but I've been suffering the same problem too (with 6.5).

My workaround is the same as yours.

Just to let you know that you're not alone.

Alison

Marc Adler
Marc Adler
Japanese to English
hyperlinks? Oct 19, 2004

I had the same problem (w/ 5.5, which I no longer use) in a technical manual that was riddled with hyperlinks, to the table of contents, to graphs, to references, to chapter headings... Eliminating the links solved the problem.

HTH,
Marc Adler

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certain segments change file into an e-mail

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »