Thread poster: Bodil Little
Bodil Little
Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 13:42
English to Danish
+ ...
Nov 9, 2004

One of my clients have just asked for my memory for a specific end-client. I have not kept a specific memory for this, but have used my general memory for this particular topic. Luckily, I have kept uncleaned copies of my last project with them and would now like to extract the memory in order to send them just that memory. I have forgotten how to do this. Would somebody be able to help me?

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
Fusion does it like magic Nov 9, 2004

Hi! Fusion is a tool available on the site on trial basis and it is fully functional. So download it, start a new Terminology file, language attributes etc., can be taken over from the bilingual file of yours. Load bilingual file into word ( but not neccessary, but do it to understand the step) using the extract from a bilingual file - function in fusion, the work is done, export from here to Trados. You should be up and running within 20 min using fusion and generating the segmented Terminolog... See more
Hi! Fusion is a tool available on the site on trial basis and it is fully functional. So download it, start a new Terminology file, language attributes etc., can be taken over from the bilingual file of yours. Load bilingual file into word ( but not neccessary, but do it to understand the step) using the extract from a bilingual file - function in fusion, the work is done, export from here to Trados. You should be up and running within 20 min using fusion and generating the segmented Terminology file is size dependent, but may be it can be accomplished with in a run-up, generate, export all - in 30 min. Good luck
Brandis
Collapse

Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
No problem Nov 9, 2004

Just create a new TM in Trados Workbench with the appropriate language pair. Than run a cleanup of your files and be sure to check "Update TM". That should do the job.

Bodil Little
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 9, 2004

Daniel Meier wrote:

Just create a new TM in Trados Workbench with the appropriate language pair. Than run a cleanup of your files and be sure to check "Update TM". That should do the job.

Thank you so much for this easy solution!

Bodil Little
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 9, 2004

Brandis wrote:

Hi! Fusion is a tool available on the site on trial basis and it is fully functional. So download it, start a new Terminology file, language attributes etc., can be taken over from the bilingual file of yours. Load bilingual file into word ( but not neccessary, but do it to understand the step) using the extract from a bilingual file - function in fusion, the work is done, export from here to Trados. You should be up and running within 20 min using fusion and generating the segmented Terminology file is size dependent, but may be it can be accomplished with in a run-up, generate, export all - in 30 min. Good luck
Brandis

Thank you very much for your help. I chose Daniel's solution as it was straight-forward, but I am sure that Fusion would work well too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating memory from uncleaned Trados files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »