Word Auto Pagination and Trados
Thread poster: pep
pep
pep
Local time: 17:55
English to Spanish
Nov 26, 2004

Hi All,

I'm using Trados 6.5 and MS Word 2003 (draft/normal mode). In this mode, it is posible to turn off Word's automatic pagination with Tools->Options->General.

When I use Trados' Translate to Fuzzy command, the automatic pagination is set again automatically which means that for each segment it reads (even a 100% match) it wants to repaginate.

Is this working as designed or am I missing something?

Is there any registry setting I can set
... See more
Hi All,

I'm using Trados 6.5 and MS Word 2003 (draft/normal mode). In this mode, it is posible to turn off Word's automatic pagination with Tools->Options->General.

When I use Trados' Translate to Fuzzy command, the automatic pagination is set again automatically which means that for each segment it reads (even a 100% match) it wants to repaginate.

Is this working as designed or am I missing something?

Is there any registry setting I can set or some modification I can make to the Trados dot file so it does not reset automatic pagination with each Trados access?

Thanks,

Pep.
Collapse

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:55
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Same issue Nov 27, 2004

Hi

I have the same problem and it's quite annoying to wait for pagination on each segment, specially in large and heavily formatted documents.

Any solution?

Best.
Rahi

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Use 'Normal' view Nov 27, 2004

...as recommended by Trados.

I'm not using Office 2003, but the same problem occurs when working with 'Layout' view in Office XP, for example.

HTH, Ralf

pep
pep
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I'm already using the Normal view Nov 27, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...as recommended by Trados.

I'm not using Office 2003, but the same problem occurs when working with 'Layout' view in Office XP, for example.

HTH, Ralf

I'm already using the Normal view. In the Layout view, the autopagination check box is checked and disabled (so that you cannot uncheck it).

Does it work well for you in the Normal view? Which MS Word version are you using?

Pep.

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:55
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Views Nov 28, 2004

I've tried all four views but none of them helped that much. I run Office XP on a Win XP station.

Hirschmann (X)
Hirschmann (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
I had the same problem which was ... Nov 28, 2004

... solved by updating TRADOS 6.5 to the latest version (6.5.5).

Download this:

ftp://download.trados.com/releases/T6FL/Build_6.5.5.438_TRADOS_6.5_Freelance.zip

and that:
... See more
... solved by updating TRADOS 6.5 to the latest version (6.5.5).

Download this:

ftp://download.trados.com/releases/T6FL/Build_6.5.5.438_TRADOS_6.5_Freelance.zip

and that:

ftp://download.trados.com/patches/Freelance/Trados%206.5%20Freelance%20Update%20(6.5.5.439).zip

It may happen that you cannot download the file by clicking on the link above. In this case, use the link below after which you can select the file to download in the directory view:

ftp://download.trados.com/patches/Freelance/
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Auto Pagination and Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »