Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:54
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 14

Hi to all of you,

I am not particularly savy when it comes to complicated issues. The thing is I have several txt files to translate like this:

main.menu.invoice="Gastos" -- FIXED
main.menu.mission="Informes" -- FIXED

I just need to translate the words in "". And I cannot extract them.

Can some of you help me on this?

Thanks in advance!

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:54
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Use a Word document Aug 14

You could save the text as a Word document, then use Word's find and replace feature, using wildcards, to change all the text you don't want to translate to hidden text, which Studio won't see. After translation you can then unhide everything.

Wandelt
Germany
Local time: 04:54
Edit file type settings Aug 16

You can edit the file type settings. Go to Project settings / File types / Text. Under Text click Document structure. Insert in both lines (Opening/closing pattern) a quotation mark ".
Then click Add.
I tried this with your example text and it works.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating parts of a txt - Studio 2019

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Termsøk
  • Jobber
  • Forumer
  • Multiple search