Thread poster: Jillian Pandor
Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 06:40
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Not so bad Jul 26, 2013

Alan Halls wrote:
There are definitely some annoying issues about the Mac OS, such as not being able to do right-click-new-txt file or new Word document etc. in Finder windows.

Well, Alan, you can open a new text or Word file using Spotlight. Just hit ⌘-spacebar, and start typing the app you want to open. After entering one or two letters, your app will appear, and you select and hit Return. But using a Service is better. If you select a text and want to paste it into a new Word file, just right-click, and your context menu will appear:

A new blank Word file will open, and without having to copy or paste, the selected text will appear in the Word file. Even better, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it: Select the text, hit the KBS, and there you are.

More on Services: http://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/253066-analysis_report.html

And not having drive letters. I really don't know why Apple hasn't found a way to implement that!

You can implement it yourself. You can change the drive name into anything you like, including a letter. I have a drive called BU (for back-up), and one CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner. Recommended!). Names are far more clear than letters, but if you insist on drive letters…

Here endeth the lesson by a guy with experience since 1194, as Our Man in London tartly remarked (my postings are vetted, and rightfully so, because I post under my daughter's subscription, and if I edit a post, it will take some time before it will be approved. So I don't edit).

Cheers,

Hans

wilhelm_zwo (X)
wilhelm_zwo (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 01:40
German to Dutch
Extra info Jul 28, 2013

I've started a new topic to add some info that might be relevant for you:

http://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/253550-tag_handling_in_transits_language_pairs.html

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows or Mac?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »