New versions of Parallels and Fusion: best solution for iMac Retina?
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:57
Aug 25, 2015

New versions of Parallels and Fusion have been released. Which one offers the best solution for the iMac Retina? Does one of them support the full resolution?

To complicate things: Do I need to upgrade my VMs from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in order to enjoy the full resolution?

That would be 4 configurations for me to test. Not something that I look forward to .

[Edited at 2015-08-25 16:22 GMT]

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:57
TOPIC STARTER
Full support? Aug 25, 2015

MacRumors:

Fusion 8 and Fusion 8 Pro are optimized for the latest Macs, including the iMac with Retina 5K Display and 12-inch MacBook. DirectX 10 support enables Mac users to run Windows virtual machines with native resolution on a 5K display

Perhaps I should start my tests here?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New versions of Parallels and Fusion: best solution for iMac Retina?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »