Carla Araújo
Carla Araújo  Identity Verified
Portugália
Local time: 06:22
angol - portugál
+ ...
Jan 1, 2004

Dear colleagues,

I’m very far from being a computer expert, so I’m counting on a friendly soul to help me out here.

I have several client folders on Windows Explorer under “My documents”. When I open Windows Explorer (I use Windows 2000) and click twice to open one of these folders (and it happens only with one of them), the Explorer disappears.

Can anyone explain this mistery?

Happy 2004!

Carla

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 07:22
angol - német
+ ...
explorer disappears Jan 1, 2004

Ccastelo wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I’m very far from being a computer expert, so I’m counting on a friendly soul to help me out here.

I have several client folders on Windows Explorer under “My documents”. When I open Windows Explorer (I use Windows 2000) and click twice to open one of these folders (and it happens only with one of them), the Explorer disappears.

Can anyone explain this mistery?

Happy 2004!

Carla
Hi! there could be several factors leading to this phenomenon. Type of processor, size of working memory, and also the size of swapping file. If you are using older versions of Windows, check also number of files, that can be opened at a given time.

Good luck

Abdellatif Bouhid
Abdellatif Bouhid  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:22
angol - francia
+ ...
Manual shut down should do it Jan 1, 2004

If you shut down your computer manually and restart it, the system will repair itself and you should be able to go back to normal operation.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

[Edited at 2004-01-02 03:01]

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:22
német - horvát
+ ...
A suggestion Jan 2, 2004

No idea why this happens, but try opening it by right-clicking the mouse and select "Open" from the appearing menu.

Carla Araújo
Carla Araújo  Identity Verified
Portugália
Local time: 06:22
angol - portugál
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Thank you Jan 5, 2004

Thank you for your suggestions.

Changing the folder's name seems to be a good solution too!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open Windows Explorer folder

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »