Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:11
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Oct 10, 2011

I've just realised that I'm not the only one with problems getting emails through my Blackberry today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15243892

Thought it might be worth a heads up for anyone else who is worried.

MartinPorto
MartinPorto  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:11
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Emma Oct 10, 2011

I just tried my BB, that is not working either! Comparing with Outlook inbox it apperas the last BB email was yesterday at 16:00 !

Sorry, I forgot to ask, is this the first time it has happened to you, I have only had the Blackberry for a month or so, but up to now, it's great!

[Editada em 2011-10-10 16:45 GMT]

Mailand
Mailand  Identity Verified
Member (2009)
Italian to German
+ ...
Me, too Oct 10, 2011

but only since this afternoon. There´s always a lag, but that has never been 5 hours!

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Thanks Emma Oct 10, 2011

MartinPorto wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to ask, is this the first time it has happened to you, I have only had the Blackberry for a month or so, but up to now, it's great!

[Editada em 2011-10-10 16:45 GMT]

Yes, mine stopped around noon. Yes MartinPorto it's the first time as far as I've noticed (in about a year and a half of using it).

Teymur Suleymanov
Teymur Suleymanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:11
Russian to English
+ ...
First things first... Oct 10, 2011

Just to make sure this is the Blackberry service outage on behalf of your BBSP and not your BB mishap, power it off completely, remove the battery (do not pull the battery out of a working BB, it is detrimental to its OS functions), wait for one minute, then put the battery back in and restart.
This usually takes care of any temporary service hiccups a BB may have...

If however, it persists, I'm afraid you'll have to call the service provider and start asking questions.
... See more
Just to make sure this is the Blackberry service outage on behalf of your BBSP and not your BB mishap, power it off completely, remove the battery (do not pull the battery out of a working BB, it is detrimental to its OS functions), wait for one minute, then put the battery back in and restart.
This usually takes care of any temporary service hiccups a BB may have...

If however, it persists, I'm afraid you'll have to call the service provider and start asking questions.

HTH,
Teymur
Collapse

Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Seems to be working again Oct 10, 2011

I´m just now getting my e-mails from this morning through on my BB - better late than never I guess

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Ahhh Oct 10, 2011

I did think it was strange that I didn't receive a single email while I was out and about this afternoon! Also couldn't browse the internet while waiting in the dr's office, but that is not so unusual in the remote area where I live Just received several emails at once, must be up and working again.

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Service-related, not device-related Oct 10, 2011

Teymur Suleymanov wrote:

HTH,
Teymur

It's not my BB alone, it's most BBs in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The link to the BBC news about it is in my first post. It looks like you live in Canada, so luckily you haven't been affected.

@ Manuela: I've just got a couple of e-mails through too, but they're random ones (one from lunchtime and one from quite recently).

@ Martin: I've only had my BB for about 8 months, and it's the first time it's happened. I'm really pleased with it, apart from today's hiccup.

[Edited at 2011-10-10 19:01 GMT]

Nani Delgado
Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
I guess... Oct 11, 2011

I guess I have been very lucky, because I haven´t noticed anything. As a matter of fact, even yesterday all my e-mails appeared in my BlackBerry several seconds before Thunderbird "told" me that I have new mails (it allways happens although I configured Thunderbird to look every minute after new messages).

[Edited at 2011-10-11 06:03 GMT]

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Came and went Oct 11, 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15243892

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed Oct 11, 2011

Lisa Simpson wrote:
came and went

Last night my emails came pouring in, but this morning things have dried up again.
Just as well I'm at my desk and Outlook is behaving.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
again Oct 11, 2011

nothing since 2pm on my blackberry, good thing I was at my desk all day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blackberry service down

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »