How to share a second English CV when bidding via ProZ?
Thread poster: Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:51
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 15, 2022

Dear all,

1. I need to be able to share a second English CV/résumé when bidding via ProZ. Public CV is in German in both cases and will remain in that language to prevent scamming. So I always have the problem of not knowing how to share my English CV once I have submitted my wife's. A combined CV does not come into the picture. Does anyone know a proper way to share *.pdf files with prospective translation buyers that is not too laborious to use (and obviously safe)?

... See more
Dear all,

1. I need to be able to share a second English CV/résumé when bidding via ProZ. Public CV is in German in both cases and will remain in that language to prevent scamming. So I always have the problem of not knowing how to share my English CV once I have submitted my wife's. A combined CV does not come into the picture. Does anyone know a proper way to share *.pdf files with prospective translation buyers that is not too laborious to use (and obviously safe)?

2. Also, y'all at ProZ.com Site Service, can the key item (or so I still do think after all these years, even with ProZ.com bidding having gone downhill rather steeply compared to 8 years ago) "My quotes" be shifted to an easy to find location in the site menu, please? It always takes me three minutes to find it at its current location.
That would be great.

Best regards,

Sebastian Witte

[Edited at 2022-06-15 10:19 GMT]
Collapse

Sebastian Witte
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
1. WeTransfer? Jun 15, 2022

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 09:51
Dutch to English
+ ...
Your wife's CV Jun 15, 2022

If your wife is also a proz.com member, she can submit her CV under her own name.

Robert Rietvelt
expressisverbis

Sebastian Witte
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RE: Jun 15, 2022

Tina Vonhof wrote:

If your wife is also a proz.com member, she can submit her CV under her own name.

Hi Tina,

I mean bidding via the ProZ.com job board. I cannot picture how your suggestion would work. You cannot bid twice as one entity.

Cheers.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Be two entities! Jun 15, 2022

Sebastian Witte wrote:

Tina Vonhof wrote:

Hi Tina,

I mean bidding via the ProZ.com job board. I cannot picture how your suggestion would work. You cannot bid twice as one entity.

Cheers.

I think that is what Tina means.

If I understand you correctly, you and your wife have one and the same Proz account. Yes, it is cheaper, but not handy for marketing purposes. I would suggest that each of you have their own account. Yes, that would be more expensive, but your problem would be solved.

If you want to play it "cheap", then no, there is no possibility.

[Edited at 2022-06-15 22:00 GMT]

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
expressisverbis

Radian Yazynin
Radian Yazynin  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:51
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Why not unite 2 CVs as a single document? Jun 15, 2022

Just create a single document with clear arrangement of your 2 CVs for this particular case.

Sebastian Witte
Christel Zipfel
Joe France
expressisverbis

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:51
English to Russian
User profile CV + upload Jun 16, 2022

When you submit a quote, you have two option: a checkbox to attach you profile CV, plus an upload file option that you can also use to attach a file. I always attach CV from my profile via the said checkbox and my portfolio pdf file via the upload functionality.2022-06-16_125329

[Edited at 2022-06-16 09:54 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to share a second English CV when bidding via ProZ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »