Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:34
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 3, 2007

Hi colleagues,

Every time I send an e-mail I keep a copy to me in order to have a record of quotes, answers and declination about my job. Almost immediately, I used to see the incoming mesage in my inbox.

But the system is not sending it anymore to me. Curiously, when I send it to third parties, they get the message!

I've reviewed and I have NO filters.

Thank you very much.

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 18:34
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Buenas carnal May 3, 2007

I'll keep it in English, since we're supposed to. What e-mail program and server are you using and, if you are using web-based e-mail instead, which one is it?

Yaotl Altan
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Web-bases May 3, 2007

Dear, carnalito:

It's a web-base system, called Yahoo.

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 18:34
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Disculpa la tardanza May 12, 2007

Mmmmm....web-based systems. I used to use Yahoo, so I went back and checked all over the place (it turns out that my account still existed), and then I asked a couple of friends who had Yahoo if they could send messages to themselves and they said it didn't come back. I know this is not very useful, but at least it confirms that you're not alone in this. Unfortunately, since it's web-based, I don't think there's anything you can do apart from sending an e-mail to the people at Yahoo or maybe ... See more
Mmmmm....web-based systems. I used to use Yahoo, so I went back and checked all over the place (it turns out that my account still existed), and then I asked a couple of friends who had Yahoo if they could send messages to themselves and they said it didn't come back. I know this is not very useful, but at least it confirms that you're not alone in this. Unfortunately, since it's web-based, I don't think there's anything you can do apart from sending an e-mail to the people at Yahoo or maybe setting up a Gmail (or something similar) account and sending your mails there so you can have it as your own "record-keeping" account (sí, ya sé, está de hue... esa solución)Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good option May 12, 2007

Yes, its a little bit weird procedure but there's no other choice.

Thank you, carnal Marcelo. You are very kind.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

E-mail bug

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »