Daniel Gebauer
Daniel Gebauer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:08
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jul 10, 2007

Hi @ all,

client asks me to translate an interview which is only available as videostream from a website. It is about 27 minutes long and it turns out to be quite tedious because after every stop I have to re-start from the beginning. Is there any smarter way of doing this job?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Daniel

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Record it Jul 10, 2007

Daniel Gebauer wrote:
It is about 27 minutes long and it turns out to be quite tedious because after every stop I have to re-start from the beginning.

There are programs that can record anything that your sound card outputs. Many of these programs contain trojans, unfortunately, I have found.

As far as I can tell, Smart PC Recorder is free of such stuff, but it is shareware:

http://www.voiceemotion.com/smartrecorder.htm

Then you can use any media player that has a pause button.

Daniel Gebauer
Daniel Gebauer  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 10, 2007

Thanks Samuel, sounds good

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Videostream translation from the Web

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »