PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:47
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 13, 2003

HI!
Here is a problem as someone named ryszard matuszewski awarded himself the kudoz points on the question of his own? And answer was totally wrong! Two hindi-eng translators even showed their disagreement on the topic namely shruti nagar and anil goyal.Is there anyone to rectify the error?
PRAKAASH
[email protected]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:17
English to German
+ ...
Contact the moderator/KudoZ coordinator Jun 13, 2003

Hi Prakaash,
The person you should normally contact in such a case is the moderator for the language pair concerned. You did not specify the question, but I take it this is Hindi>English, which does not have a moderator.

You can either contact a moderator in a related pair, or the KudoZ area coordinator - check herefor coordinator/moderator details.
... See more
Hi Prakaash,
The person you should normally contact in such a case is the moderator for the language pair concerned. You did not specify the question, but I take it this is Hindi>English, which does not have a moderator.

You can either contact a moderator in a related pair, or the KudoZ area coordinator - check herefor coordinator/moderator details.

HTH - Ralf
Collapse

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:17
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mail [email protected] Jun 13, 2003

He can block the prankster if the IP numbers are the same of asker and awarder. We've had several of these types who think they're so smart. They're inevitably found out as their answers are so poor and still miraculously get awarded KudoZ.

murat Karahan
murat Karahan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:17
English to Turkish
+ ...
Paltergeist at proz :) Jun 13, 2003

That gives a good laugh though. I know of a question where the asker himself provided a poor answer to his own question, had many disagrees and another answer had a serious number of positive peer gradings. As a result the asker had to agree that the other answer was better but still awarded kudoz to his own answer. He's still lurking in proz in invisible mode as a ghost though.
to be continued....

Marijke Mayer wrote:
They're inevitably found out as their answers are so poor and still miraculously get awarded KudoZ.

monzer
monzer
Jordan
Local time: 10:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
I love his/her way of thinking. Jun 13, 2003

Next time he/she might post a translation job and disagree with himself/herself on the prices!and we'll get the job.

PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:47
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for valuable suggestion and information! Jun 14, 2003

Thank you very much for the valuable information you forwarded. I was also confused as hindi-eng pair has no any coordinator.
PRAKAASH
Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Prakaash,

HTH - Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Self-award of KudoZ points by asker

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »