Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14] >
What is the highest number of KudoZ questions asked by a single individual?
Thread poster: Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:03
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
Using Maths May 26, 2012

Rob Grayson wrote:

So then, given that we now seem to have identified those who have posted the most questions, would anyone care to work out who holds the record for the lowest ratio of questions answered to questions asked?

These are the cold hard figures (using rounded-up numbers to calculate).

You will see that:

"The Prizewinner" - the person revealed to have asked the most (discounting the KGB) still reigns supreme in this respect too.
"The Infamous Abuser" - the individual many on this thread are aware of as being particularly active at the moment - their ratio isn't quite as bad (don't you just love gender-neutral 'they/their').

Ratios
Answered:Asked

The Prizewinner: 1:119
The Infamous Abuser: 7:81

[Edited at 2012-05-26 08:44 GMT]

Ty Kendall
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
The Figures... May 26, 2012

...don't tell the whole story though. Nicole has a point. The Prizewinner has been on ProZ for 3 years longer than The Infamous One...and there are other factors at play too.

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Hold your horses May 26, 2012

Ty Kendall wrote:

The Prizewinner: 1:119
The Infamous Abuser: 7:81

[Edited at 2012-05-26 08:44 GMT]

I've got a 0:147*

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 21:03
SITE STAFF
Keep the discussion within site rules May 26, 2012

I'm sure you're all familiar with http://www.proz.com/siterules/kudoz_answ/3.7#3.7

Discussion regarding KudoZ asking limits is fine, but please keep the discussion within site rules.

Jared

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:03
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I still don't see anything wrong with May 26, 2012

asking a lot of questions and answering few, as long as the user follows the site rules.

I didn't think it neccessary to count the number of Kudoz questions asked by a single individual. Such an effort simply doesn't help with anything. But what I didn't expect is that this topiccould even evolve into a hot one.

It seems that there is something wrong with how I perceive things, or I'm not quite aligned in my mind with the general opinions in the translators' circle.

Ty Kendall
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
Give & Take....and Community Spirit May 26, 2012

jyuan_us
asking a lot of questions and answering few, as long as the user follows the site rules.

I think what offends people is when it is perceived that someone is abusing the goodwill of the overall community. It also really doesn't look good at all when you have someone asking a ton of questions, yet answering (or even attempting to answer) none.

It's not in the site rules to force people to answer questions, but then to not bother answering is a bit mean sprited surely?

I, for one, would not be inclined to help someone who has no interest in helping others. It's no way to interact within a community (even an online one). For me (all things being equal - allowing for individual circumstances) a lack of participation (or one-sided participation) = a lack of respect.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Ty Kendall
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Everyone May 26, 2012

For participating in the discussion (while it lasted) !

Rachel Fell
Rachel Fell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Thanks May 26, 2012

for starting it Ty - always interesting to discuss current and pertinent topics

[Edited at 2012-05-26 21:57 GMT]

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
As of the moment... May 28, 2012

Rachel Fell
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
@ Robert May 28, 2012

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
@ Rachel May 31, 2012

Rachel Fell wrote:

[Edited at 2012-05-31 20:48 GMT]

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Update: 4110 Jun 15, 2012

I have just been informed that question no. 4110 has been asked. Is it time to start thinking of a venue for the 5000 celebration? Gives a whole new meaning to giving a high five…

[Edited at 2012-06-15 15:30 GMT]

Rachel Fell
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
book Jun 15, 2012

I bet someone better than me at maths can start calculating the odds for the next milestone

[Edited at 2012-06-15 20:51 GMT]

Ty Kendall
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
Powwow Jun 16, 2012

writeaway wrote:

I have just been informed that question no. 4110 has been asked. Is it time to start thinking of a venue for the 5000 celebration? Gives a whole new meaning to giving a high five…

[Edited at 2012-06-15 15:30 GMT]

Definitely like the idea of a special "Powwow" to commemorate (or commiserate?) the next milestone.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the highest number of KudoZ questions asked by a single individual?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »