Număr de pagini:   < [1 2 3 4]
Last straw! - Askers who are too lazy to make up a user name
Inițiatorul discuției: Robert Donahue (X)
Natalia Elo
Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 18:39
din engleză în rusă
+ ...
I'd rather pay more for Platinum membership May 24, 2005

Dear Massimo,

Massimo Rippa wrote:

Even though the words on the reported website are particularly annoying, would you really feel more at your ease if you knew that everytime you answer a kudoz question you are working for free, without payment and on a voluntary basis for Proz.com?

No. I would rather pay more for Platinum membership for conventional marketing: sponcoring Translation Industry events and alike.

Eventually, this is what any kudoz answerer does.

Obviously I have misunderstood the whole idea of KudoZ. I thought the primary purpose of KudoZ system is to help fellow translators.

The owners of the site have the right to offer the services of Proz.com, or links to the services of Proz.com to anybody, in the way they think is more appropriate.

I have to disagree. In my opinion the owners of site first of all want the site to be professional translators' community. This way of marketing amongst other reasons resulted (at least in my language pair) in the phenomenon illustrated by this thread
http://www.proz.com/topic/32118?start=0

and this posting in particular
http://www.proz.com/post/225113#225113

Do you know what these people do? They take jobs from us.

Do you observe similar things in your language pair? If not, congratulations!

Cheers
Natalia

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 12:39
FONDATORUL PROZ.COM
I think Massimo was referring to the owners of Yu Jian Yo May 31, 2005

Natalia Elo wrote:

Dear Massimo,

Massimo Rippa wrote:
The owners of the site have the right to offer the services of ProZ.com, or links to the services of Proz.com to anybody, in the way they think is more appropriate.

I have to disagree. In my opinion the owners of site first of all want the site to be professional translators' community...

Hi Natalia,

You are right, KudoZ is designed to give translators a structured way to help each other. And yes, we want to nurture a professional community around KudoZ. I think Massimo was talking about Yu Jian Yo when he said "the owners of the site have the right..."

Număr de pagini:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Last straw! - Askers who are too lazy to make up a user name

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »