Online event in Bangkok - "Translation: An Agenda for Quality and Standards". October 28. 6:30 GMT
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 27, 2008

Hi All,

I'd like to invite you to join the online Bangkok powwow organized by the The Royal Institute of Thailand as part of ProZ.com International Translation Day celebration.

The event will be transmitted online here http://royin.rmutp.ac.th/translator/news.php and it will start on October 28. at 6:30 GMT (please estimate the corresponding local time). The theme ch
... See more
Hi All,

I'd like to invite you to join the online Bangkok powwow organized by the The Royal Institute of Thailand as part of ProZ.com International Translation Day celebration.

The event will be transmitted online here http://royin.rmutp.ac.th/translator/news.php and it will start on October 28. at 6:30 GMT (please estimate the corresponding local time). The theme chosen is: "Translation: An Agenda for Quality and Standards".

You are all invited to join online. There will be a chat room to ask question and propose topics for discussion.

You can find more details about the program here http://www.proz.com/powwow/2257

ProZ.com will present two videos:

"Translation, a vision of the market" by Enrique Cavalitto

and

Certified Pro program by Patrick Dotterer.

Henry's message will be presented as well.

I hope most of you join this event.

See you then.

Romina
Collapse

Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 18:37
English to Croatian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Do we need to register? Oct 27, 2008

Hi Romina,

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to participate in this online powwow.

Just to make sure that we have it all set for tomorrow, could you please confirm whether we need (or not) to register on the website in order to be able to watch the broadcast and use the chat feature. The information on the powwow page mentions is somewhat confusing...

Thank you in advance!

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Details about the Bangkok online event Oct 27, 2008

Dear Kristina,

Thanks for your interest! As far as I know, there is no need for registration to watch the event.

I believe the instructions are for using the chat room. But I'll make further inquiries and let you know.

See you then.

Romina

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:37
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Interesting Event Oct 28, 2008

I'm currently watching the event. Very interesting, not only from a translator's point of view, but also as a real world example of what is possible with modern internet technology. Just because of this event and as a thank you for making this event available, I decided to renew my Proz membership, which expired several weeks ago.
Siegfried

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online event in Bangkok - "Translation: An Agenda for Quality and Standards". October 28. 6:30 GMT

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »