Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Local time: 21:04
din rusă în engleză
+ ...
In Memoriam
Another mondegreen from my daughter Jul 29, 2004

My wife just reminded me that she came home from a carol service at nursery school and told us they'd been singing "Oh Come, All Ye Hateful".

lanzarotti
lanzarotti  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:04
din italiană în engleză
+ ...
lyrics... Aug 4, 2004

You might think I’m mad, but for quite a while I thought U2 were suffering from dementia as I thought they were constantly chanting "electric toaster", until I discovered that they were actually singing "electrical storm"… need to get back to old Blighty for a while!!!

Ioana Costache
Ioana Costache  Identity Verified
România
Local time: 23:04
Membru (2007)
din engleză în română
+ ...
wishful thinking Jan 15, 2005

I was in my first year as an undergrad and the literary criticism-cum-anthropology teacher kept going on about "the booze this, the booze that" while talking about Levi-Strauss. it took me a while to realize that what he actually meant was "taboos"

Număr de pagini:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pursuant to Martin Hesse's forum... it's mondegreens

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »