Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:18
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 15, 2003

Hello everyone. I just got back to Spain from the U.S. where I did a bit of emailing. In the U.S. I used the English version of Outlook 6. In Spain use the Spanish version of Outlook 6.
The .dbx files with the emails I sent and received while in the U.S. were copied on a CD ROM and now I am trying to restore them on my computer in Spain. Merely copying them into the Outlook folder is not working. Can anyone help?

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:18
Flemish to English
+ ...
Import/Export Sep 15, 2003

Edward Potter wrote:

Hello everyone. I just got back to Spain from the U.S. where I did a bit of emailing. In the U.S. I used the English version of Outlook 6. In Spain use the Spanish version of Outlook 6.
The .dbx files with the emails I sent and received while in the U.S. were copied on a CD ROM and now I am trying to restore them on my computer in Spain. Merely copying them into the Outlook folder is not working. Can anyone help?

File>Import/Export>(Outlook>)Import from another program or files. There is a list to choose from. .dxb files should be among that list. Normally you should have exported your outlook files as .pst files. That is the standard format of Outlook and that way you can import them easily.

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Try in Menu File/ Import/ then follow the instruction Sep 15, 2003

But I am not sure the word "Import", because I have the French version.

fonz
fonz
English to Dutch
Same problem Oct 15, 2003

Edward Potter wrote:

I have the same problem. I do the Import/export thing and select the directory where I've saved my previous .dbx files. But it then says "no matching files can be found" or something like that. My previous version was a dutch version and my current is english so I figure this is a language problem.
Anyone?

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:18
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
create a new folder with same name, then replace it Oct 15, 2003

what worked for me in a similar situation was to first create a folder with the same name as the .dbx file I want to add, then quit from Outlook, replace the newly created folder with the one I had on CD, and restart Outlook.
Worth a try, make sure you use exactly the same name.
HtH
Roberta

kendal
kendal
English
NEED HELP Please :( Mar 13, 2004

Hi

I have the same problem with trying to reload some outlook mail that is saved as a .dbx file, when I try and import it it dose not work. I know were the files are in the folder.

Thanks for any help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Restoring .dbx files from Outlook 6.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »