Thread poster: Chris Dawe
Chris Dawe
Chris Dawe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:05
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Aug 22, 2011

Hello All, I'm trying to turn off track changes in a document before I start working on it. The Track Changes icon under Review is NOT glowing orange, so would appear to be off, but Workbench is telling me that Track changes is still on. Confused? You bet I am! Chris.

Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:05
Italian to English
Accept all changes Aug 22, 2011

Track changes may be off but there may still be previous changes that were not accepted. If that is the case you have to accept all changes and make sure track changes is off, save the document and then try again.
eileen

bunnynbear
bunnynbear
Local time: 10:05
did you accept all changes in the document? Aug 22, 2011

did you accept all changes? did you save the document?

Chris Dawe
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Track changes greyed out Aug 22, 2011

Thanks both.......I simply saved the document from a Zip file sent to me by the client. When I click on Track Changes, the first option given IS Track changes, but it's greyed out. So I cannot accept or reject any changes. Very puzzling. Chris.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:05
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
save in other format Aug 23, 2011

Saving your file in .docx or .rtf and then accepting tracked changes should solve this problem.
There is an SDL KB article on this:
http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3253&p=1

Chris Dawe
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Drat! Aug 23, 2011

Thanks very much Emma, I saved it as RTF, but the Track Changes option was still greyed out. As it happens, I didn't end up doing the job anyway. But it's still a concern......very odd. Chris.

isarcat
isarcat
Local time: 11:05
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Track changes greyed out Aug 10, 2012

I know this is old, but in case someone still needs the solution (W 2007) , the problem may be the protection settings -- go to the Protect Document tab (under Review) and uncheck any checked boxes. That should automatically activate the track changes option.
Cheers!
Isa R

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Word 2007 track changes

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »