Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:58
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...

The Edinburgh translators' Christmas party will take place on Thursday 6th December this year. We're going to play skittles at the famous Sheep Heid Inn. http://www.sheepheid.co.uk/

Numbers are limited (to 40) so please sign up now to guarantee a place on what will be a unique night out!
... See more
The Edinburgh translators' Christmas party will take place on Thursday 6th December this year. We're going to play skittles at the famous Sheep Heid Inn. http://www.sheepheid.co.uk/

Numbers are limited (to 40) so please sign up now to guarantee a place on what will be a unique night out!

For more info, see http://www.proz.com/powwow/4472

Looking forward to seeing you all then,

Becky.
Collapse

Rebecca Hendry
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Booking confirmed! Oct 16, 2012

There's been a great response to this with lots of people signing up already, so I've now confirmed the booking and paid the £50 alley hire fee. The final cost for this per person will obviously depend on how many people come along, so I'll get you all to pay me back on the night once we know final numbers.

Dinner will be a simple "basket supper" for £5.95 per person (this is slightly higher than I said previously - their prices have gone up and they hadn't updated the website, hmph
... See more
There's been a great response to this with lots of people signing up already, so I've now confirmed the booking and paid the £50 alley hire fee. The final cost for this per person will obviously depend on how many people come along, so I'll get you all to pay me back on the night once we know final numbers.

Dinner will be a simple "basket supper" for £5.95 per person (this is slightly higher than I said previously - their prices have gone up and they hadn't updated the website, hmph!). But it's still a bargain. The bar is going to send me the list of options and I'll put them on here soon.

Food (and drinks) will be paid for individually on the night, but I'll be taking your food orders a week or so before so that I can let the pub know.

Please note that an absolute maximum of 40 can attend - I've been warned by the pub that once you get over 30 people in there it becomes a bit of a squish! Please SIGN UP NOW to guarantee a place.
Collapse

Rebecca Hendry
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Food options Nov 14, 2012

The food options for the skittles night on December 6th are now available on the Powwow page. If you haven't signed up yet, do so now!

Stefania Greci
Stefania Greci  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
Food choice Nov 29, 2012

Hello Rebecca and thank you for organizing this. I am looking forward to a great night out.
Can I please order the Chicken Option, please?
See you soon.

Rebecca Hendry
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
@ Stefania Nov 29, 2012

Thanks Stefania, I'll put you down for chicken! Sorry, I realised after I sent the email that it had been sent via Proz.com and therefore you couldn't reply.

See you next week!

Becky.

Egils Grikis
Egils Grikis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to Latvian
+ ...
Thank you Rebecca! Dec 7, 2012

It was very nice meet up. I wish White Christmas to everybody.

Cheers,
Egils

[Edited at 2012-12-07 10:05 GMT]

Egils Grikis
Egils Grikis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to Latvian
+ ...
Photos | Powwow Edinburgh 6 Dec Dec 7, 2012

Hello!

Skittles at the famous Sheep Heid Inn.
Link to download photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8lpsuzij7ou8alm/VE8S0mmRio

Give me a message if somebody is fancy for bigger, high-res pictures.

Cheers,

Egils

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »