Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
Verenigde Staten
Local time: 10:00
Lid 2003
Engels naar Italiaans
+ ...
Another suggestion Aug 10, 2014

Marina Taffetani wrote:

The file I wanted to check is no sort of sdlxliff format, so I guess there's no workaround.
I guess I'll just tell the agency (which normally requires an Xbench QA check on Trados projects) that it's not possible to do that at the time.

If Transit can export the project to TMX (or to another one of the bilingual formats supported by Xbench), what you can do is to:

1) Export bilingual from Transit
2) Run the Xbench QA on the bilingual file
3) Save the QA report
4) Go back to Transit
5) Search for the various edits to make, based on the QA report, in Transit

In fact, if Transit allows you to export a bilingual file and then reinport it, you could edit the exported bilingual file directly, and then re-inport it into Transit.

Sorry I cannot be of more help: I don't know Transit at all, so I don't know what's possible or not in that program.

Marina Taffetani
Marina Taffetani  Identity Verified
Italië
Local time: 18:00
Lid 2013
Duits naar Italiaans
+ ...
Thanks Riccardo Aug 11, 2014

I've only just seen your reply, and I had to deliver my translation this morning, so in the end I've just decided to tell the agency I couldn't perform an Xbench QA check with Transit NXT files. But I'll keep in mind your suggestion for next time.

Pagina's in het onderwerp:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

xbench control, what does it mean

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »