Olifant - TM shrinks and target becomes ????
Thread poster: Marina Aleyeva
Marina Aleyeva
Marina Aleyeva  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:37
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 23, 2009

Hello all,

I am exploring TM management options with Olifant. My test TM created with Wordfast 5.51 contains EN-GB (UK English) source entries and UK-01 (Ukrainian) target ones. My problem is that when I save the TM in Olifant and open again in Wordfast, all the target entries become question marks (and I haven't even done much with that TM yet, not even sorted or removed duplicates - just opened and saved). The TM also shrinks in size considerably. I suppose this has something to d
... See more
Hello all,

I am exploring TM management options with Olifant. My test TM created with Wordfast 5.51 contains EN-GB (UK English) source entries and UK-01 (Ukrainian) target ones. My problem is that when I save the TM in Olifant and open again in Wordfast, all the target entries become question marks (and I haven't even done much with that TM yet, not even sorted or removed duplicates - just opened and saved). The TM also shrinks in size considerably. I suppose this has something to do with encoding but I am too new to Olifant to know. When I go to Edit -> TM Properties -> Common, the Encoding field appears to be UTF-16. I am not sure if this is what it should be, but the TM had been created with Wordfast and saved as Unicode.

I use Windows XP and Olifant beta 0.2 build 15.

Any help is much appreciated!

[Edited at 2009-04-23 19:46 GMT]
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 12:37
German
+ ...
Old Version Apr 24, 2009

That version of Olifant is hopelessly outdated. I had the same version here which never worked all that great, so I did some research, found out that there is a new version and downloaded it just yesterday from the following address:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42949&package_id=165973

A great improvement over the be
... See more
That version of Olifant is hopelessly outdated. I had the same version here which never worked all that great, so I did some research, found out that there is a new version and downloaded it just yesterday from the following address:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42949&package_id=165973

A great improvement over the beta, even though RegEx searches don't work for me. Maybe it'll solve your problem, though.

HTH,

Benjamin
Collapse

Marina Aleyeva
Marina Aleyeva  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:37
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Apr 24, 2009

Thank you so much for prompting me to update Benjamin! I knew that a newer version existed but was too pessimistic to give it a try! Thanks again - and have a very good weekend.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Olifant - TM shrinks and target becomes ????

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »