Anyone have information about Translation Office 3000?
Thread poster: Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:43
French to English
+ ...
Mar 1, 2006

I have heard good things about this package and would be interested in trying it - however, the website translation3000.com , which is the only address I can find for the company, hasn't been working for the past week or so. Does anyone have an alternative address or contact details for the developers so I can get in touch?

Many thanks
Angela

Dawn Montague
Dawn Montague  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:43
German to English
+ ...
I think its working now. Mar 1, 2006

Hi Angela,
I think its working now. The name of the company is AIT (Advanced International Translations)

Dawn

Angela Dickson (X)
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but it's not working for me Mar 1, 2006

Dawn Montague wrote:

Hi Angela,
I think its working now. The name of the company is AIT (Advanced International Translations)

Dawn

Thanks Dawn, but the site is timing out for me (as is AIT's homepage).

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:43
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
It is working now... Mar 1, 2006

I have just visited their pages... They also have the address to3000.com, but it just redirects you to the other site.

If you cannot enter, check your popup/ad blocker or firewall settings. Maybe it is blocked inadvertently.

[Edited at 2006-03-01 13:49]

Rekha Narula
Rekha Narula  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Translation 3000 website Mar 1, 2006

Hi Angela,
It's working for me too now. I went straight to the product website.
Hope you've managed to access it by now.
See you soon,
Rekha

Nina Snoj
Nina Snoj
Slovenia
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
Too many functions Mar 1, 2006

My personal opinion is that TO 3000 has too many functions; I prefer to keep it simple which is why I went back to my Excel/Access database. However, I am not saying anything negative about the product itself, I am just expressing my point of view.

Angela Dickson (X)
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nina and everyone Mar 2, 2006

Nina Snoj wrote:

My personal opinion is that TO 3000 has too many functions; I prefer to keep it simple which is why I went back to my Excel/Access database. However, I am not saying anything negative about the product itself, I am just expressing my point of view.

Thanks Nina for the opinion - I would like to evaluate it, though I'm fairly happy with my current system of Excel tracking sheets. As the website seems to work for everyone in the world except me (and I tried it in another location yesterday and it worked fine, but still doesn't work here at home) I shall get on to my ISP. Funny, as I'm not having problems with any other sites.

Thanks, chaps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone have information about Translation Office 3000?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »