Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:21
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 3, 2003

Hello all,

I\'ve recently updated from FM 5.5 and I\'m now translating a file straight in Frame Maker 7.0. I\'m running into a little trouble when it\'s time to translate the cross-references for Figures and other chapters, for example, Figure 2.1 or Please see \"Overview\" in page 7.

When I double-click on the cross-reference I have to translate, the Cross References box opens up, but I don\'t know very well where I need to input the new text and what\'
... See more
Hello all,

I\'ve recently updated from FM 5.5 and I\'m now translating a file straight in Frame Maker 7.0. I\'m running into a little trouble when it\'s time to translate the cross-references for Figures and other chapters, for example, Figure 2.1 or Please see \"Overview\" in page 7.

When I double-click on the cross-reference I have to translate, the Cross References box opens up, but I don\'t know very well where I need to input the new text and what\'s the procedure for applying the new cross-reference text.

Could anyone familiar with FrameMaker 7.0 please give me a helping hand?

Many thanks in advance,

ME
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:21
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
See if this works: Mar 7, 2003

In FM 6 I do it this way, I think it has not changed in FM7:

With your cross-reference text selected, choose Special < Cross Reference...; in the bottom half of the dialog box you see a pop up menu, Format:, with the format applied to your cross-reference.

Next to this you have the Edit Format button.

Click on it and in the d/box you\'ll see the \"Definition\", made up of tags (don\'t touch them) + text, which you can translate.

For instance, yo
... See more
In FM 6 I do it this way, I think it has not changed in FM7:

With your cross-reference text selected, choose Special < Cross Reference...; in the bottom half of the dialog box you see a pop up menu, Format:, with the format applied to your cross-reference.

Next to this you have the Edit Format button.

Click on it and in the d/box you\'ll see the \"Definition\", made up of tags (don\'t touch them) + text, which you can translate.

For instance, you might see something like:

See on page

where you can translate the \"See\" and \"on page\" bits.

Once you ave edited this definition, it will apply to all other cross-references in your file with the same format.

Roberta
Collapse

Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:21
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 7, 2003

Hi Roberta,

Many thanks. I will try that!

ME

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of cross-references text in Frame Maker 7.0

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »