Thread poster: Ravindra Godbole
Ravindra Godbole
Ravindra Godbole  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 18:31
English to Marathi
+ ...
Dec 29, 2007

When I get replies to any question in kudoz in Russian I get question marks in my outlook express in MS windows. I use mozilla firefox for internet. If I go to "view" window and then choose character coding nothing happens. The question marks do not get changed to cyrillic fontsccan anybody solve my problem?

Ravindra Godbole

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:01
English to Swedish
+ ...
Try another mail client Jan 3, 2008

Ravindra Godbole wrote:

When I get replies to any question in kudoz in Russian I get question marks in my outlook express in MS windows. I use mozilla firefox for internet. If I go to "view" window and then choose character coding nothing happens. The question marks do not get changed to cyrillic fontsccan anybody solve my problem?

Ravindra Godbole

OE is a very basic mail client, I wouldn't expect it to work in a multilingual environment!

Since you already run Firefox, why don't you try Thunderbird for incoming mail instead?! The support for Unicode etc should be much better...

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

when I get replies to my kudoz I get question marks in my outlook express

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »