WinAlign problem
Thread poster: RosaT
RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:25
Apr 20, 2004

Dear colleagues,

I was about to review an alignment on WinAlign. I launched the program, browsed for the .pjt file as instructed and opened it. Everything seems ok up to this point.

When the file pair is on screen and I double click in order to Review the alignment in the file pair, the Review option is grayed and I cannot select it. What is wrong?

The only selectable (highlighted) option on the menu after I right-click on the file is the Align file pair op
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I was about to review an alignment on WinAlign. I launched the program, browsed for the .pjt file as instructed and opened it. Everything seems ok up to this point.

When the file pair is on screen and I double click in order to Review the alignment in the file pair, the Review option is grayed and I cannot select it. What is wrong?

The only selectable (highlighted) option on the menu after I right-click on the file is the Align file pair option. I clicked on it just to try (I was only asked to review the alignment), and I receive an error message saying "The document file is corrupted".

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Source and target files? Apr 20, 2004

Hi Rosa,
Assuming you did not create the alignment project, did you also get the source and target files? Were they in exactly the same path as specified?

Which version of WinAlign are you using, BTW?

Best, Ralf

RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Apr 20, 2004

Hello Ralf,

Thank you for your reply.

There are three folders: Target, Source and Interm, and the .pjt file I should be working on is in the same root folder. I have been instructed to keep everything as is. Is this correct? Could it be that the files are actually corrupted?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
WinAlign projects are pretty sensitive Apr 20, 2004

Hi again,
There are three folders: Target, Source and Interm, and the .pjt file I should be working on is in the same root folder. I have been instructed to keep everything as is. Is this correct?

Most definitely so, as the review process is very easily disturbed.

Could it be that the files are actually corrupted?

Possible; it's worth trying to re-send the files.

Best, Ralf

RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 21, 2004

Ralf,

Many thanks for your help and for replying so promtly yesterday. I finally let the client know about the problem and we just decided that I would produce a new alignment project from scratch from the source and target files, which worked.

Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinAlign problem

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »