Thread poster: Sonia Maldonado
Sonia Maldonado
Sonia Maldonado  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 4, 2004

When I choose the languages, I cannot see the flags as shown in the tutorial. What steps need to be follow to "find" these flags? Thank you
Sonia

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:14
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Oct 4, 2004

...to Trados Support. (Please make sure to post in the right forum, to help others find threads more easily.)

No download or separate installation is necessary for the flags - where exactly are you missing them? Can you please describe which window you're looking at, and which step you're carrying out?

As with previous questions, the more details you can provide from the very beginning, the easier it will be to help you.

Best regards,
Ra
... See more
...to Trados Support. (Please make sure to post in the right forum, to help others find threads more easily.)

No download or separate installation is necessary for the flags - where exactly are you missing them? Can you please describe which window you're looking at, and which step you're carrying out?

As with previous questions, the more details you can provide from the very beginning, the easier it will be to help you.

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Sonia Maldonado
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
When opening the translation memory in workbench Oct 4, 2004

I am not seeing the flags depicting the language, plus I can't see the systems field either (which keeps track of the administrative information).
Sonia

No download or separate installation is necessary for the flags - where exactly are you missing them? Can you please describe which window you're looking at, and which step you're carrying o
... See more
I am not seeing the flags depicting the language, plus I can't see the systems field either (which keeps track of the administrative information).
Sonia

Best regards,
Ralf[/quote]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:14
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I simply suppose Oct 4, 2004

you switched Trados to show you big windows.
Go to View and check, if the Item "Show big windows" is selected (marked). You can toggle this setting in Trados with CTRL+B.
When you switch big windows on, no flags and system information are shown. OTOH, it is not really necessary to have them shown all the time.

HTH
Jerzy

Sonia Maldonado
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This fixed my issue. Thank you Jerzy! Oct 4, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

you switched Trados to show you big windows.
Go to View and check, if the Item "Show big windows" is selected (marked). You can toggle this setting in Trados with CTRL+B.
When you switch big windows on, no flags and system information are shown. OTOH, it is not really necessary to have them shown all the time.

HTH
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to retrieve the flags depicting the language on Trados workbench

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »