change of font
Thread poster: GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:55
English to French
Mar 18, 2005

I have shifted from Windows XP1 to XP2. I have a file with black text to translate and grey text not to translate. When I use 'Translate to fuzzy', the black text (translatable) changes into grey text. I have just also realized that the font also changes, for instance, from Arial 10 to Times Roman 10. Is it a problem of Trados or Word ?
And how can I correct this problem ?
Thanks

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the style used Mar 18, 2005

Salut Gilles,
Thanks for re-posting in English.

This kind of behaviour may be caused by diverging format information in the source document - check the style used to format the text where this happens.

HTH,
best regards, Ralf

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:55
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Problem with the document template Mar 18, 2005

Hi Gilles:

I believe that the problem may be due to the fact that the template used to create the SL text is different than your "Normal" template (i.e., it has different style definitions).

In order to prevent it, you might try the following:

1) Save the original SL text you have received to translate as a MS Word template (*.dot)
2) Close the SL *.dot document
3) Open the SL *.DOC document to translate
4) In MS Word, under Tools/Templat
... See more
Hi Gilles:

I believe that the problem may be due to the fact that the template used to create the SL text is different than your "Normal" template (i.e., it has different style definitions).

In order to prevent it, you might try the following:

1) Save the original SL text you have received to translate as a MS Word template (*.dot)
2) Close the SL *.dot document
3) Open the SL *.DOC document to translate
4) In MS Word, under Tools/Templates and Add-Ins select, as the Document template, the template that you have just created

Most style-based problems (such as unexplained font changes), at this point, should disappear.

Hope this help,

Riccardo
Collapse

GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 19, 2005

Thanks both of you for your instructions

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

change of font

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »