TM and Tageditor
Thread poster: Takako Whilden
Takako Whilden
Takako Whilden  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:25
English to Japanese
Jun 14, 2005

I got a TM from my client and source files in rtf. When I open the TM and files to translate, I get a message saying " The open translation memory has different languages than the document. Interaction with TW will be disabled until a matching TM is opened." and all of the Japanese characters are garbage (square symbols). The language pair of TM (English US to Japanese)is correct though. Itis also happening to my client. What can be causing this and how can I fix it ?

Trados 6.5.5
... See more
I got a TM from my client and source files in rtf. When I open the TM and files to translate, I get a message saying " The open translation memory has different languages than the document. Interaction with TW will be disabled until a matching TM is opened." and all of the Japanese characters are garbage (square symbols). The language pair of TM (English US to Japanese)is correct though. Itis also happening to my client. What can be causing this and how can I fix it ?

Trados 6.5.5.438 (build 439)
Windows SP
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:25
English to German
+ ...
Save as TTX and check the language settings Jun 14, 2005

Hi Takako,
Here's something you may want to try:

Save the file as TTX, then close it and open the TTX file in a text editor. Search for SourceLanguage and TargetLanguage and check the languages displayed there against your TM.

HTH, Ralf

Takako Whilden
Takako Whilden  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:25
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Another solution Jun 14, 2005

Ralf,
I found another solution. I exported the TM and imported to a new TM. It solved the problem. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Takako

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM and Tageditor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »