Can Trados in Demo mode create TTX from XML?
Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:35
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 24, 2006

A fellow translator does not have Trados. If he downloads Trados and installs it in Demo mode, will he be able to use TagEditor to generate a TTX file from an XML file? He has the ini settings file.

Having the TTX file they will be able to translate it using the Heartsome Translation Suite.

I never tried trados in Demo mode, so I don't know the answer to my question.

Will appreciate your help.

Piotr

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Language code for German as used inside a TTX file Jan 24, 2006

Ok, instead of waiting for the answer to my previous question I have a new one.

I intend to convert the file for the other translator, but because I don't have German installed in Trados, I'm going to hack the file and replace the langage code manually.

So, my question is, what language code does TagEditor use in a TTX file for German (the "Germany" German, as there are other flavors, I guess.

To check it, you can drag-n-drop a TTX file onto Word. Word wil
... See more
Ok, instead of waiting for the answer to my previous question I have a new one.

I intend to convert the file for the other translator, but because I don't have German installed in Trados, I'm going to hack the file and replace the langage code manually.

So, my question is, what language code does TagEditor use in a TTX file for German (the "Germany" German, as there are other flavors, I guess.

To check it, you can drag-n-drop a TTX file onto Word. Word will open it as a Unicode txt file. The language code should be somewhere at the beginning of the file. Is it DE-DE or just DE, or sth else?

Will appreciate your help.

Regards,

Piotr
Collapse

Klas Törnquist
Klas Törnquist
English to Swedish
+ ...
Yes Jan 27, 2006

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

A fellow translator does not have Trados. If he downloads Trados and installs it in Demo mode, will he be able to use TagEditor to generate a TTX file from an XML file? He has the ini settings file.

Having the TTX file they will be able to translate it using the Heartsome Translation Suite.

Piotr

Yes, it's possible using the demo. And it's not even necessary to use TagEditor. Just use Workbench and an empty database with the correct language pair and "Translate" the file. It will be saved as ttx by default. Depending on what format is needed in Heartsome, it may be necessary to check the option "Segment unknown sentences.

Klas

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:35
English to Spanish
No need to segment unknown sentences Jan 28, 2006

Klas Törnquist wrote:

Depending on what format is needed in Heartsome, it may be necessary to check the option "Segment unknown sentences.

Klas

Hi,

Heartsome's XLIFF Editor is able to segment TTX files, so there is no need to presegment in the workbench.

Regards,
Rodolfo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Trados in Demo mode create TTX from XML?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »