Concordance window doesn't appear automatically
Thread poster: David Sch
David Sch
David Sch
Ecuador
Local time: 11:14
Dutch to German
Jan 26, 2006

When translating Word-documents with Trados, the concordance search is an excellent tool. Unfortunately, in my case now, using Trados 7, marking text and clicking on the concordance icon isn't enough to make the concordance window really appear. I always have to click on the Trados-symbol below the desktop. Then I get the concordance window with the results of my search. That's quite annoying.

Isn't there an way to make the window appear immediately by clicking on the concordance i
... See more
When translating Word-documents with Trados, the concordance search is an excellent tool. Unfortunately, in my case now, using Trados 7, marking text and clicking on the concordance icon isn't enough to make the concordance window really appear. I always have to click on the Trados-symbol below the desktop. Then I get the concordance window with the results of my search. That's quite annoying.

Isn't there an way to make the window appear immediately by clicking on the concordance icon? I couldn't find such a function in the options.

If anybody knows the answer, thanks a lot for your help!
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:14
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use keyboard shortcut instead Jan 26, 2006

Select the chosen word, press ALT+(ARROW UP).
When Concordance window appears, chose Options and make sure "Place cursor in concordance window after searching" is selected.

HTH
Jerzy

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:14
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
ALT+UP Jan 26, 2006

Hi David,

I use ALT+UP (cursor) and get the concordance window pop up like a dream, but to be honest (just tried) the same happens after clicking on the concordance icon in the Trados toolbar in MSWord.

BTW and sorry, perhaps saying the obvious, but no window pops up if no concordance is found. I presume you have adapted the default percentage to your needs and/or tried to highlight a shorter part of the segment?

Giuliana

P.S. BTW, if you "pin
... See more
Hi David,

I use ALT+UP (cursor) and get the concordance window pop up like a dream, but to be honest (just tried) the same happens after clicking on the concordance icon in the Trados toolbar in MSWord.

BTW and sorry, perhaps saying the obvious, but no window pops up if no concordance is found. I presume you have adapted the default percentage to your needs and/or tried to highlight a shorter part of the segment?

Giuliana

P.S. BTW, if you "pin on top" the TWB window, the concordance search window pops up on top as well, even if you haven't selected the option Jerzy's mentioned

[Edited at 2006-01-26 09:38]
Collapse

David Sch
David Sch
Ecuador
Local time: 11:14
Dutch to German
TOPIC STARTER
it works Jan 26, 2006

Thanks a lot, Jerzy, now it works. Indeed it was the function "Place cursor in concordance window after searching", I had to select. Thanks to the others too.

David

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance window doesn't appear automatically

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »