Thread poster: Hasan Bayındır
Hasan Bayındır
Hasan Bayındır  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:12
German to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2009

Hi, I use transit XV sp 25. I get from my client many pxf projects wich ı have translated. after 15 projects ı generate referans in transit and I get more projects in pxf format. Can ı analyse the new projects with my reference material, like trados's workbench??

starspain
starspain
Spain
Local time: 17:12
Member (2003)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Yes, you can reimport files without the originals Nov 6, 2009

In Transit, you can leverage files using your own reference material, even if you do not have the original files. To do so, you have to reimport the files using certain import options. In the import dialogue, you have to check the option "Rebuild target language files for selected languages" Make sure you deselect "Rebuild source language files" if you do not want the source language files to be rebuilt (you wouldn't normally want that). It is also recommended to switch the parameter UseOldDstFi... See more
In Transit, you can leverage files using your own reference material, even if you do not have the original files. To do so, you have to reimport the files using certain import options. In the import dialogue, you have to check the option "Rebuild target language files for selected languages" Make sure you deselect "Rebuild source language files" if you do not want the source language files to be rebuilt (you wouldn't normally want that). It is also recommended to switch the parameter UseOldDstFileForRef=0 in the project definition file of the corresponding project to 1, ie UseOldDstFileForRef=1, to make sure the already translated segments will not be touched by the reimport. The *.prj can be found in one of the \transit\config folder, depending on the scope the project was saved with.

Hope that helps,
Michael
Collapse

Hasan Bayındır
Hasan Bayındır  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:12
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think ı couldn't explain my problem exactly :) Nov 6, 2009

I have generated my own reference in transit. Now ı will use this referance material for future projects. In trados you can analyse the source file with your TM and you get the analyse of the repetations and no matches in the source file. I want to do this in transit too. So ı have now a pxf file and ı want to analyse it with my reference

[Değişiklik saati 2009-11-06 11:53 GMT]

starspain
starspain
Spain
Local time: 17:12
Member (2003)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Analyse PXF file Nov 7, 2009

You explained yourself correctly, and the solution I proposed is valid. You first have to receive the PXF. Once you have done that, you add your reference material to the project definition of the received project, change the "UseOldDstFileForRef=" parameter to 1 in the *.prj file and reimport with the options I explained in the previous mail. Transit will then use your reference material and present you with the corresponding statistics.

Dillmac wrote:

I have generated my own reference in transit. Now ı will use this referance material for future projects. In trados you can analyse the source file with your TM and you get the analyse of the repetations and no matches in the source file. I want to do this in transit too. So ı have now a pxf file and ı want to analyse it with my reference

[Editado a las 2009-11-07 10:46 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analyse pxf file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »