Opinion required on POLISH and ITALIAN translation (from EN)
Thread poster: Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 19

A localisation agency has translated the app store text for a video game that we are making, into multiple languages. However, native speakers from our team have raised queries over the fluency of the translations and whether they sound natural enough. Being slightly suspicious of the opinion of non-translators who may not appreciate the difference between "it's wrong" and "I wouldn't say it that way, but it's correct", and knowing that we have the HIGHEST quality requirement for this translatio... See more
A localisation agency has translated the app store text for a video game that we are making, into multiple languages. However, native speakers from our team have raised queries over the fluency of the translations and whether they sound natural enough. Being slightly suspicious of the opinion of non-translators who may not appreciate the difference between "it's wrong" and "I wouldn't say it that way, but it's correct", and knowing that we have the HIGHEST quality requirement for this translation, I wonder whether I could ask for input?
I simply want to know whether, in the opinion of a professional [Polish][Italian] translator, this translation is good quality. If not, then I will return to the agency and ask for a review.

*English*
Grab your guns and team up with your friends for a heart-pumping, zombie-blasting adventure in The Flip! This cooperative social VR shooter takes you to Flip City - a place overrun by the undead where you'll fight through hordes of deceased to reach extraction in a thrilling battle for survival against Kreep and his zombified Fiends.
The Flip places you right in the middle of the action: Pick up weapons by blasting open the caches scattered throughout the city and customize your avatar with a wealth of different models and skins.
Communication is key in The Flip, with built-in VOIP allowing for seamless coordination among your group. Work together to survive and progress through the game's missions.
The Flip is designed for anyone to pick up and play, with a focus on social, drop in / drop out gameplay. Join a game and team up with friends for an adrenaline-fueled cooperative experience you won't forget.
Get ready to flip the script on the zombie apocalypse in The Flip!

*Polish*
Chwyć za broń i zbierz się ze znajomymi w dynamicznej podróży pełnej przygód: The Flip! Ten kooperacyjny shooter VR zabierze was do Flip City – miejsca opanowanego przez hordy umarłych, w którym musicie stawić czoła Kreepowi i jego sługusom.
W The Flip od razu wpadasz w wir akcji. Zbierz bronie rozrzucone po mieście i dostosuj awatar różnymi modelami i skórkami.
W The Flip społeczność jest najważniejsza. Wbudowany system VOIP pozwala bez problemu koordynować grupą – współpracujcie, by przetrwać i realizować misje.
The Flip to rozgrywka dla wszystkich. Skupiamy się na szybkiej, socjalnej rozgrywce. Dołącz do gry i graj ze znajomymi, aby poczuć niezapomniany napływ adrenaliny podczas współpracy.
Przygotujcie się, by zawalczyć z apokalipsą zombie w The Flip!

*Italian*
Imbraccia le armi e vai a far saltare in aria qualche zombi con gli amici in The Flip! Uno sparatutto cooperativo con visore che ti porterà a Flip City, dove dovrai sopravvivere e falciare orde di mostri al servizio del terribile Kreep per raggiungere il punto di estrazione.
The Flip ti mette al centro dell’azione: raccogli le armi sparando alle casse sparse per tutta la città e personalizza il tuo avatar con una vasta gamma di modelli e aspetti.
In The Flip, la comunicazione con VOIP integrato è fondamentale per coordinarti con il tuo gruppo. Lavorate assieme per sopravvivere e avanzare nelle missioni di gioco.
Il gioco dalla forte componente cooperativa è progettato per poterti gettare subito nell’azione, entrando e uscendo dalla partita senza interrompere il gameplay. Crea una squadra con gli amici e vivi un’esperienza cooperativa adrenalinica che non dimenticherai.
Preparati a ribaltare la classica trama dell’apocalisse zombi in The Flip!
Collapse

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Local time: 03:57
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Free lunch Jan 19

I know it's a small task that doesn't require a lot of effort, but you are asking for a free lunch for something you are probably trying to make money with. I think that's wrong.

neilmac
IrinaN

Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not at all Jan 19

Lieven Malaise wrote:

I know it's a small task that doesn't require a lot of effort, but you are asking for a free lunch for something you are probably trying to make money with. I think that's wrong.

That is not my intent, perhaps I did not make myself clear. We have and will be paying for this translation. I am not asking for it to be re-translated. I am not asking for it to be proofread. I merely want some native speakers to read it, and tell me, in a nutshell, if they think it is good enough.

Michalina Jenczelewska
Michalina Jenczelewska
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Too literal Jan 19

PL: I think the translation is way too literal. Marketing texts should have a good flow and sound very natural, but here it is rather obvious this is a translation. It doesn't stand out as a bad translation, but it's not what I would expect thinking about the HIGHEST quality.
Please note the audience is addressed in both plural and singular forms; it should definitely be reworked.

Should you need help with this assignment, feel free to let me know!

Best regards,... See more
PL: I think the translation is way too literal. Marketing texts should have a good flow and sound very natural, but here it is rather obvious this is a translation. It doesn't stand out as a bad translation, but it's not what I would expect thinking about the HIGHEST quality.
Please note the audience is addressed in both plural and singular forms; it should definitely be reworked.

Should you need help with this assignment, feel free to let me know!

Best regards,
Michalina Jenczelewska, LocArt

[Zmieniono 2024-01-19 12:55 GMT]
Collapse

Monica RW

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
The Italian text... Jan 19

is oversimplified and clumsy... needs heavy polishing...

P.L.F. Persio
Elena Feriani

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Nutshell Jan 19

Wendy Cummings wrote:
I merely want some native speakers to read it, and tell me, in a nutshell, if they think it is good enough.

I was talking about the nutshell, but I admit : a nutshell isn't much of a lunch. 😊

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opinion required on POLISH and ITALIAN translation (from EN)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »