Thread poster: Laurie Price
Laurie Price
Laurie Price  Identity Verified
Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Alex, but ... Sep 13, 2011

another 'm' word -- I think it's a moot point -- I think it's too late for that now.

Did you read the article using the link I posted when I started this conversation? Here it is again:

http://www.ideal.es/granada/v/20110910/granada/permisos-trabajo-extranjeros-granada-20110910.html

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:06
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Non-US citizens Sep 13, 2011

Tom in London wrote:

I hear the US government isn't any kinder to non-US citizens working there.

There are millions of non-US citizens, both legal immigrants and illegal immigrants, working in the US.

Enrique F Granados-González
Enrique F Granados-González  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:06
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Solution Sep 14, 2011

Marry a Spaniard or a EU citizen....

I know, it sounds stupid, but it is a solution.

Now, seriously, perhaps you must appeal against that resolution, considering the times of Spanish administration probably you can stay here for a long, long time, and perhaps before you get a new job. Good luck!

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Moot why? Sep 14, 2011

Laurie Price wrote:

another 'm' word -- I think it's a moot point -- I think it's too late for that now.

Did you read the article using the link I posted when I started this conversation? Here it is again:

http://www.ideal.es/granada/v/20110910/granada/permisos-trabajo-extranjeros-granada-20110910.html

If you are referring to the sentence that reads "...su esposo trabajando aquí y niños españoles, le obligan a volver a Bolivia porque le faltaron cuatro días cotizados.." that would be because their husband is not Spanish or from the EU, the kids may have been born in Spain but not her or her husband. However if the husband were Spanish or from the EU she would not have had to leave.

Also how long have you lived here? if more than 10 years legally I believe you could ask for nationality (don't know if you are interested in that or not, but it's an option)

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
marriage not necessarily a solution Sep 15, 2011

Enrique F Granados-González wrote:

Marry a Spaniard or a EU citizen....

I know, it sounds stupid, but it is a solution.

Now, seriously, perhaps you must appeal against that resolution, considering the times of Spanish administration probably you can stay here for a long, long time, and perhaps before you get a new job. Good luck!

Not sure what the situation is now, but it used to be that a non-EU citizen had to be married to a Spaniard (or EU citizen) for 3 years before a Spanish residence permit would be granted on those grounds.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance foreigners in Spain

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »