Can we outsource our translation as a freelancer?
Thread poster: r-lts.com
r-lts.com
r-lts.com
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:23
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 9, 2013

I am thinking of registering as a sole trader and open a translation services (like an agency). However I don't expect this services to be a limited company and most of the time I am still working with other agencies to get jobs and I would work mostly by myself.

If I ever get some local clients and I would like to ask for help to complete the projects, are other translators my employees? Will the expense that I pay those translators be counted as deductible (or allowable) expenses
... See more
I am thinking of registering as a sole trader and open a translation services (like an agency). However I don't expect this services to be a limited company and most of the time I am still working with other agencies to get jobs and I would work mostly by myself.

If I ever get some local clients and I would like to ask for help to complete the projects, are other translators my employees? Will the expense that I pay those translators be counted as deductible (or allowable) expenses for tax purposes? And do I have to register for PAYE for them?

Also, just to get your advices, how do you get direct clients? I have hardly been able to do so. Since I want to this to be my main job so I need to find a way to get more clients. Any experience and ideas will be welcomed.

Thanks

Ivy
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Can we outsource our translation as a freelancer?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »