Eng-Rus/Rus-Eng
Eng-Rus/Rus-Eng
Stati Uniti
Local time: 17:44
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
May 1, 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Can someone please share a reliable FREE online resource (if available) for the latest Chicago Manual of Style? I need it for English subtitling (grammar and punctuation). Not so much interested in citations.

The link below provides a path to a paid resource.
http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/home.html

Thank you!!

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ucraina
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
CMOS 17 entails few changes May 1, 2018

Not a hardcopy? If some 30 days would do, then it may seem interesting:
Not a subscriber? Try a free 30-day trial of The Chicago Manual of Style Online or Scientific Style and Format Online.

I know about APA vs. MLA vs. Chicago style, but CMOS 16 and 17 are but variations. Usually it's about Notes-Bibliography and Author-Date Systems, yet you seem not so much interested in citations, therefore I checked http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/help-tools/what-s-new.html and--why all the fuzzbuzz, I wonder?

My clients are satisfied with old AP, so they neither demand to update scientific papers and technical documents according to the new authoritative* guidelines, nor require me to follow the ever updated* style. However, is it you or a supervisor, an editor--or your clients?

Perhaps, it's about time to sync my exp too)

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
Da Inglese a Francese
+ ...
16th May 2, 2018

Would a downloadable 16th edition do?

Private link only, for obvious reasons.

Jean

A questo Forum non è stato assegnato un Moderatore
Per segnalare violazioni delle regole del sito od ottenere aiuto, contatta staff sito »

Chicago Manual of Style

Translation news in Stati Uniti

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »