Silvina Dell'Isola Urdiales
Silvina Dell'Isola Urdiales  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:57
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 21, 2016

Dear collegues,

Is it possible to deal .SDLXIFF files with Wordfast Pro and how?

Thanks in advance for your support

silvina

Marcelina Haftka
Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Wf Pro and pretranslated sdlxliff Mar 21, 2016

Hello Silvina,

In case of Wordfast Pro 3.x, all you need is to receive a *pretranslated* sdlxliff file from your client.
This format will include a sort of bilingual table with language pair information embedded.

Then you open it with your Wordfast Pro, translate the Wf-native txml copy, and at the end you save the translated file (Wf Pro converts it back to the sdlxliff file).

You may find more inform
... See more
Hello Silvina,

In case of Wordfast Pro 3.x, all you need is to receive a *pretranslated* sdlxliff file from your client.
This format will include a sort of bilingual table with language pair information embedded.

Then you open it with your Wordfast Pro, translate the Wf-native txml copy, and at the end you save the translated file (Wf Pro converts it back to the sdlxliff file).

You may find more information at: https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Wordfast_Professional and http://wordfast.fi/.

Good luck!
Marcelina
Collapse

Italy
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In case of NO TM? Mar 21, 2016

Dear Marcellina,

Thank you very much for your fast reply
I suppose that my customer can pretranslate the file even if he has no TM

Kind regards

silvina

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:57
Finnish to French
Prepare Mar 28, 2016

Silvina Dell'Isola Urdiales wrote:
I suppose that my customer can pretranslate the file even if he has no TM

Actually, the technical Trados Studio term is prepare: you can "prepare" a project in Trados Studio with or without a TM (or with an empty TM). Once the project has been "prepared", you get an SDLXLIFF file that can be opened by other tools that support the SDLXLIFF file format, Wordfast Pro being one of them.

Italy
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Misalignment - warning messages after importing into Studio Mar 30, 2016

Dear Marcellina and Dominique,

Thank you very much for your support ♥

My client told me that after importing into Studio the pretranslated SDLXLIFF file ¡file with Wordfast, generated the following errors:

XLIFF Inline tags mismatch detected. Please run the Tag verification to see details
XLIFF Validation error on line 18 offset 2709: La seuqnza di chiavi "2" contenuta nel keyref contiene alcuni riferimenti errati"

Could
... See more
Dear Marcellina and Dominique,

Thank you very much for your support ♥

My client told me that after importing into Studio the pretranslated SDLXLIFF file ¡file with Wordfast, generated the following errors:

XLIFF Inline tags mismatch detected. Please run the Tag verification to see details
XLIFF Validation error on line 18 offset 2709: La seuqnza di chiavi "2" contenuta nel keyref contiene alcuni riferimenti errati"

Could you give me some advice on how to solve it?

Are they due to some errors with tags in Wordfast Pro?

I really want to begin this project using WF

Thanks in advance for your support

silvina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordsfast Pro and .SDLXIFF files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »