WFP4 and El Capitan 10.11.4
Thread poster: JohnWhi
JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:05
French to English
Mar 22, 2016

Have any other Mac users had a problem with Wordfast Pro 4 and the latest update to OSX El Capitan 10.11.4? It seems to hang on launch and produce a crash report beginning:
Crashed Thread: 7
Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Thread 0:: CrBrowserMain Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
... and going on for 1143 lines
The projects
... See more
Have any other Mac users had a problem with Wordfast Pro 4 and the latest update to OSX El Capitan 10.11.4? It seems to hang on launch and produce a crash report beginning:
Crashed Thread: 7
Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Thread 0:: CrBrowserMain Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
... and going on for 1143 lines
The projects have disappeared, there is no menu or tab functionality, and the only way of exiting is Force Quit. Fortunately I have a clone of 10.11.3 on a partition on the same computer, and WFP4 runs well enough there. The last version I received was 4.6, though another post here mentions 4.7. As it seems that it doesn't update automatically from the Update menu item, I am wondering how we get to 4.7, if that is where we should be.
Collapse

JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:05
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Feedback from Wordfast Mar 24, 2016

I have some feedback from Wordfast on the other forum. After posting here, I contacted them and they suggested posting in Yahoo. They say:
"Do not upgrade to OSX 10.11.4 if you are working with Wordfast 4. This version OS will crash WFP 4 and make it unusable. We are working on getting a fix on this as soon as possible."

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:05
Member (2006)
French to English
Do not upgrade yet Mar 24, 2016

Thanks JohnWhi for posting.

Indeed, there is a problem and we'll need to update WFP 4. Good thing you could roll-back.

As a general rule of thumb for other users, I would advise against upgrading to the latest and greatest of any software until a couple of weeks have passed and the dust settles.

Wordfast developers are working on a fix and we'll post here as soon as it is ready.

Kind regards,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP4 and El Capitan 10.11.4

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »